Employment & Jobseeking USEFUL LINKS

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Kromlov wrote: »
    Hey there, I worked in Edinburgh for 3-4months last year, and I know I am entitled to get tax back. Does anyone know how I go about doing this??

You would probably get better replies if you started your own thread.

Click
    > newthread.gif
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Just heard about a site called 'judgethejob' dot com! in another thread, really interesting idea. Basically people post anonymous reviews of what it's like to work at companies. May/may not be of use to guys :-)
  • your right, there are lots of site who offers a job but can't be trusted.
  • netlou
    netlou Posts: 20 Forumite
    For general career advice plus info on interviews, application etc, I've found this site quite good and its free http://www.careeradviceonline.co.uk
  • Decla
    Decla Posts: 34 Forumite
    Wiki Job http://www.wikijob.co.uk/ is a really helpful website about interviews. It is focused on graduate jobs but lots of the advice is transferable to different types of interviews. It also has stuff on CVs and applications but the interview questions are the most useful.
  • Mr.Mulla
    Mr.Mulla Posts: 448 Forumite
    tasha0018 wrote: »
    Hi all, I need some help, PLEASE. I am looking to work from home, anyone know of any jobs out there?

Thank you guys for all your help. ( In advance)

Odesk.com and elance.com have plenty of work at home jobs. :)

Best of luck to you. :) :beer:
    Mr. Mulla
  • useful information!! i need 2 keep and preserve it for further usgae. hope i will get better job in the near future!!!
  • I don't know if this will be useful to anyone..but trying to contact the jobcentre through their given website email DOESNT WORK! the email address at stated 'contact-us@jobcentreplus.gsi.org.uk' is a dud!

Instead I use the box they supply at the end of each page to post any comments I wish to make.

In addition to the website login....for some may already know this...but logging into the website and storing the job refs etc; is a waste of time. As I so found out from a benefits adviser I offered up my login to view my joblog!..... their answer ''we can't access the internet!'' .... BUT IT IS YOUR WEBSITE I AM ACCESSING IT IS YOUR WEBSITE I AM LOGGED INTO!!!! ... NOPE it doesn't matter...they still want you to supply them with the good old pen and paper based job log!

So just a tip for future reference to all jobseekers who use
    the jobcentre website !!!! With respect!
  • sammie1884 wrote: »
    I am really struggling to find any internet home based jobs I have searched and searched on google, does anyone have any links?
    Thank you
    Sammie

there is an awful lot of home based SCAMMERS out there. Often they want money upfront for initial induction pack etc; They have even advertised 'google' as being a 'breadwinner' for home workers. Don't be conned by these people!

Please be cautious.
  • Thanks for giving this links. They help a lot for all jobseekers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback