PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What can I do with ...

I have 2 packets of parma ham and one of serrano ham unopened and to be used by tomorrow.

Still have about 3lbs of a gammon joint to eat and a large pack of smoked salmon unopened and a sizeable raised cranberry topped pork pie untouched.

Suggestions please.

I am already on the cuddly side and could do with not trying eat this lot in a weekend binge just to ensure it does not go to waste.

Comments

• Hello Spirit, First thoughts how about sharing out with friends, neighbours & family? The salmon could go in the freezer (if you have space) as being realistic you ain't gonna manage all this in 24hrs! - (You could of course have some of it with scrambled eggs for breakfast).
    The ham could be wrapped over some chicken breasts for dinner (don't know how many you are feeding)? If you pop some herb butter inside the chicken first it wont be dry. You can also wrap leeks, and serve with some white sauce.
    Sure you will get lots more suggestions - Happy New Year ! x
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    I'd freeze the lot, broken down into meal or person sized portions, unless it has been frozen in its current state before.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • Mrs_Chip
    Mrs_Chip Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    The parma/serrano ham will be fine for a while yet - I have used it well past (weeks :o) the use by date with no problem, but if you don't want to risk it, it will freeze.
    Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Another vote for freezing it all. For ideas for the leftover gammon have a look at this thread:

Leftover Gammon

Pink
  • keep the parma and serrano hams, they will be fine passed their so called expiry date. You can wrap a slice around a chicken breast and bake it, that makes a lovely dinner, and not high in calories. Grate a little parmesan over the top when you serve if you like.
    Smoked salmon, I bought a few packets for Christmas back when they were reduced and froze them, so you can definately freeze them for another day. You can use them for dinners of scrambled egg and salmon, or make a pasta sauce with reduced fat creme fraiche.
    Gammon, I would cut it up into pieces that would feed you all for a meal, pack up and freeze until needed.
    The pork pie, I don't think that would freeze well, though I may be wrong. Do you work? Or hubby? Cut a chunk off for a meal or two, and then take the rest into work. I would have a piece for dinner with a jacket potato and salad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure