Why is this laptop cheaper?

2»

Comments

• were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    DVD drive - Why?

If it is music, most people convert it into mp3 or some type of file. If it is a special cd/dvd many will burn an iso and use a cd emulator. Others convert the cd to usb. Films now stream or people convert them put the on their home streaming server or nas box.

For £15-ish you can get an external usb dvd writer from ebay.

Like many others like me have removed by cd drive and put a caddy in there that contains an extra hard disk. CD.s are going the same way as floppies.

The i5 one was better than the i3, in most aspects except 10 bit video. The i5 extra cpu turbo mode is in reality will probably not be the noticeable compared to the i3 unless your are doing a long process.
  • Lieja
    Lieja Posts: 466 Forumite
    I know disc drives are almost obsolete and the guy in the shop yesterday looked at me like I was mad, but I like to be able to burn cds for my car and I would almost definitely lose an external one. I'm calling it vintage ;)
  • were
    edited 13 March 2017 at 5:08PM
    What about a new car radio like this mp3 one with bluetooth usb, aux, and sd scard for £14, leaving you with about £130 savings, if they sell you it as advertised. Just sync up the tunes with your mobile :) Even has a remote (must be for very big cars where you are unable to reach the dash? :D, and hands-free microphone built into the front of the radio.

All that you have to go is get the right conversion harness and can push the thing back into the hole in your dash.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Bluetooth-Stereo-Head-Unit-MP3-USB-SD-AUX-IN-FM-In-dash-Player-UK-1DIN-/252692245608?hash=item3ad5a1ac68:g:YRcAAOSwcLxYK9P6
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    were wrote: »
    What about a new car radio like this mp3 one with bluetooth usb, aux, and sd scard for £14, leaving you with about £130 savings, if they sell you it as advertised. Just sync up the tunes with your mobile :) Even has a remote (must be for very big cars where you are unable to reach the dash? :D, and hands-free microphone built into the front of the radio.

All that you have to go is get the right conversion harness and can push the thing back into the hole in your dash.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Bluetooth-Stereo-Head-Unit-MP3-USB-SD-AUX-IN-FM-In-dash-Player-UK-1DIN-/252692245608?hash=item3ad5a1ac68:g:YRcAAOSwcLxYK9P6

???
    Have you posted this on the wrong thread?
  • were
    edited 13 March 2017 at 7:58PM
    Doam, thanks but not the wrong thread. Lieja want to pay £75 more for a laptop just because it can burn CDs for her car radio. This radio support bluetooth, sd cards and usb, and you can buy 128Gig usb for cheap which in some is a lot of music :) . Your post has made me realise I can no longer subtract :( Thanks though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure