PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Tuesday 21st October

Options

Comments

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

TTFTM thank you for starting today's thread. As I said the other day COMMON SENSE never seems to come into the equation (no pun intended), why offer that amount of money to train someone. when clearly there are trained and experienced maths teachers already.

HESTER your poor man it must be so painful.

Well as promised wet and very windy here, leaves coming off the trees in abundence now. I have some hoovering to do, but most of the housework is up to date, so I think a quiet day is in order. I had a better night no coughing and Himself was a little better.

Have a good day if you can and hugs to all poorlies

Candlelightx
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Good morning all,

What a wild night it's been! Got woken a few times with the rain battering the window, glad I'm not on the West coast where I hear it's worse. Hope everyone is warm and safe, wrap up well if you're going out.

Meeting with the company doctor went well yesterday and am happy that there's actions being taken to help. He also said no to overtime so hopefully my boss will listen to him where she didn't listen to me!

Went to the gym after work for 60 minutes of cardio, kit in the car again in case I manage today too though I do need to do some housework. Also sorted through some paperwork and emptied a few random boxes that were lurking, found birthday cards going back ten years so the recycling box got filled!

Today I am meeting a woman after work I'm selling an old side table to, hopefully having someone come past to buy my old garden furniture and picking up monies due so I should end the day £68 better off in total. Need to put half of it into the bank for bills.
    Had been hoping for a no spend day but fuel light came on last night so will need to fill the car.

Hugs to any poorlies or who just want one
    LJ
    x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TTFM sorry he didn't get the job,but as my old Mum would say "what's for you ,will not go by you" not a great consolation perhaps but hopefully something better is intended for him. My DGD is doing her teacher training atm and as such for a year has a bursary of about £3k to live on.Luckily she is still at home and both Mum , Dad and myself help her out a little bit.I think teachers are vastly underpaaid as they are the educators of our future generations and as such should be valued more,but sadly they aren't.I do hope something turns up soon for him.

Well its rotten weather here at the moment rain and wind and I'm not looking forward to going out in it at lunchtime, but I must as I have a hospital appointment, and fingers crossed the stitches will come out today

My mushroom soup is all done, and tastes delicious, so that's lunches all sorted for the week.
    Keep warm and dry chums if you can its a bit on the breezy side out there
    Cheers JackieO xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

TTFTM, sorry about Dh's news, as people have said, hopefully something better will come along. A friend of mine, head of maths in her 50's left to work as a trainee tax accountant. She took a huge drop in salary but it improved as she qualified and she is much happier now.

I feel a bit better today, I don't ache all over as much so hopefully I'll get a bit more done. What is making me feel ill is the quote we got for fixing the car - £530! We decided to bite the bullet because we've spent a fair bit on it already this year but I hope it's not a case of throwing good money after bad.

DS has got an appt to have his wisdom tooth out in a couple of weeks. They are refusing to do it under general, just sedation so he's very anxious, he had a terrible experience having one of his teeth out when he was getting his brace as an 11 yr old which has made him a bit phobic. He, DD and I all have funny nerves in our mouths which means that local anaesthetic injected in the usual place doesn't work very well.

Have a good day.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

TTFTM - The education system is completely up the spout. No money anywhere. I really do feel for your DH and the rest of the family as it has a massive knock on effect doesn't it?

Hester - How uncomfortable it must be for your DH.

Hope every one survived the strong winds. We only seem to have the tail end here and so not too bad. Lots of leaves everywhere and bare trees all around :)

Need to clean through this morning, but am stalling for time as I find it hard to motivate myself to do it.

We had what was supposed to be a drop in review session at DS2's College last night between 5.30 and 7pm. Ha! They really aren't very good at organisation. Got there at 5.50 only to be told the format had just been changed and one of the tutors was addressing all those present. Then they decided to talk to people individually so we were left waiting until it was our turn. In the event we ended up speaking to a non tutor for DS's course but who teaches the higher level. We really only wanted to know if he was coping and doing all that he should! What a waste of time.

Rant over. Have a good day :)
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Well wishes to everyone x
    Weather's a bit mixed here ,very windy but sometimes bright then torrential rain.We had DGS overnight and I've got him today,DS said he had an awful night-I have to confess to earplugs! I can't see me walking up to the shops like I usually do for a couple of hours or so,so it's likely to be a long day ;)

Got tonights tea ready last night,turkey curry in the sc,also some soup for my lunches ,butternut squash.
    Washing in,DGS had to have everything changed during the night :( He's very grizzly,no doubt I will be by tonight :D
    Right better go,he's woke from his nap.Stay safe x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 October 2014 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Morning all :)

Ttftm- I was going to suggest your DH does private tuition too. I don't know where you live, but in my part of London private tutors charge £50 per hour!

Wind has finally arrived here literally 15 mins ago, and boy is it giving it all it has got!
    I'm going to make leek and potato soup today, and I might make a Xmas pudding because I'm in a baking mood. I do have the WM on but I certainly won't hang it out, I don't think the neighbours would appreciate my DH pants flying past their windows :p
    Have a good day all, and hugs to those in need xx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning to you all, I've already had my day down under! Having a fab time with our family, been to Adelaide for a week, great apartment overlooking the beach, the zoo,the Barrossa valley,and a great little Germanic town in the hills called Hahndorf. Back in victoria now. Beautiful weather too.

Have been trying to read along, but not really caught up,So hugs,congrats,commiserations where needed,hope you are all ok in the weather.
    Carolbee
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning all

Thinking of you all.

Had a bad night, woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick. I think I have been eating too much wheat, so going to take it easy today.

Have a shop coming today, it really should have come next week but there were certain things we need now such as washing up liquid, eggs and milk. So this shop will need to last us a while.

Plans for today are to tidy up the kitchen, put the last of the washing pile on and do some crochet.

Take care all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • 1of3
    1of3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,:hello:

Horrible here today so we will be staying in. Hopefully it will be a quiet day. Hope all are doing well. Talk soon
    NOT BUYING IT 2018!

Consumerism is.....buying things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't know and probably wouldn't like even if you did know them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure