PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    D&#8517 wrote: »
    Sorry Mar meant to come back last night about the dehydrating and got waylaid as per usual
    On some sites they use a net bag hung up with trays in it,I've seen toy bags similar in the £ shop,they are like a pop up sort of tube made of net wonder if you could adapt one of those??

You really just need somewhere warm and airy,air circulation helps to dry the stuff out as well as the heat.

Molly that programme sounds good wonder if its on Iplayer?

If anyone watched doomsday preppers last week and was disappointed, do stick with it (maybe sky+ and whizz through the daft bits) the first one they had on was not one of the better ones,there are however some really good tips on the series especially on food storage and first aid kits ;)

If you do not hae have could you watch the preppers program else where?
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    No Costco doesn't do bit bags of dried veg, I've looked. Got 10 pkts of the Whitwrths ones in the stash yes, ta :) but just wanted a bigger pack.
  • I seem to remember you could alter a setting on this forum so you saw the last posts first then they descended back to the first page. Does anyone know how to do it...I can't find the control anywhere?
    “The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC):A
  • MAR - having a trip to the local Ma*ro sometime soon and I'll check it out for dried and report back, Cheers Lyn x.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I dont know tonsils :( somebody else will though.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    tonsils, I don't know either but I use firstnew.gif. It's on the front page next to the thread title. It takes you back to where you last read. For some reason, it works for about 70% of the time and other times you end up a couple of pages back. Still better than nothing though. :)
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    If you do not hae have could you watch the preppers program else where?

Someone suggested it can be found on you tube...but I don't know tbh...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Fuddle I find it's a bit erratic as well. I tend to bookmark the page I finish on, in a folder I call Threads I Am Following, and then I can find my place again when I come back. Then I save a new bookmark and delete the old one.

When I go back to the page I saved there is a link at the top if there are new posts saying "read first unread". That's a bit erratic too - sometimes it goes straight to the first unread page of the current day, not too helpful if you are trying to catch up after being on holiday. But bookmarking works well for me
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • All this talk of dehydrating has reminded me I have apples I want to do. Only have a really cheap dehydrator but it works. Only south facing window we have is on the stairs and not suitable really. Don't have an airing cupboard and as my oven is built in its always freezing in there when its on thanks to the fan, the one downside to it as I love not having to try and bend down to oven. This year we have had so little sun it would have taken me months to dehydrate anything as kitchen faces east but so many trees around it and back garden don't get much sun either and until side garden hedge grows I couldn't put anything out there even though it faces south.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    PAH when you do the apples try sprinkling them with a little cinnamon its lovely :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure