Leaving Vodafone

Options
Hi ,I am leaving Vodafone this week,I was told I could leave for free due to low speeds ,constant disconnects etc, but its been a nightmare when I have rung them I have been told different days but BT take over this Thursday, but on Saturday got a letter of Vodafone saying I will have to pay £182 for leaving early ? So I rang them and they said I will have to pay it then ring them after to get it refunded to me ,I do not trust Vodafone has they have lied to me on numerous occasions, would I be better cancelling my direct debit then pay any money for my the remaining month I will owe so they cannot take the £182 or let them take it ,If I let them take it I think they will try to not pay t back, any advise appreciated,Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pallyman wrote: »
    would I be better cancelling my direct debit

Only if you want them to stop investigating your account and start debt collection procedures.

Deal with this! The voda web relations team are likely to give you better (or at least definitive) results. Contact them as on the posts around here.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don!!!8217;t do this. Vodafone have an awful reputation for registering defaults against customers who don!!!8217;t cancel their direct debits. You will stand no chance if you do!

It basically sounds like they are giving you an appalling service, making it impossible for you to cancel it, and then bullying you into staying. You are far from the only person to experience this, sadly.
  • pallyman
    pallyman Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, will leave it then and hope they keep their word,but they have lied to me on so many occasions so I am not optimistic though.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It!!!8217;s better to pay them, ask for a refund, then register a claim against them via the small claims court if they overcharge you. That will cost them money then.

Fight back against Vodascam.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi pallyman,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

So I can access your account to see what's happening, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that we've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure