Get a grip !

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,510
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The weather forecast doesn't look very summery this week I think we are going to have rain.

I had a little snooze after lunch then I gave my bedside cupboard and shoe box another coat of paint. It was very sunny out, blue skies and fluffy white clouds so about 6pm I took the electric extension lead outside to mow the lawn and it rained ! Dashed back in with the electrics and thankfully it was only a few big spots of rain then it stopped so the grass is now cut.

I put some wood stain (tin already in my stash donated from DP's) on the bathroom windowsill which I emptied and sanded last night. I spotted a few scuffs on the skirtings in the hallway so I touched those in as well. Am now about to have some dinner.

The woman who was supposed to be coming to view the treadmill didn't turn up and hasn't been in touch so I am glad I didn't sit around waiting for her. Why do people waste other people's time and not even have the decency to get in touch and say they are not coming. Hopefully someone else will want it, its cheaper than the others advertised on there.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • No rain so far today. I've just spent £1.99 of the last cash in my purse on a :money:big mac and fries
    I had another enquiry about my treadmill last night and they are supposed to be coming tonight to have a look. My back is aching today and I didn't sleep very well so I'm not doing anything this afternoon.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I hope your back is better. I bet its been caused by all the painting and decorating!

It is raining here but not as heavily as I expected. At least the garden getting will be ok.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    Hi SW I think it was from cutting the grass yesterday. The shed if full of carp and will be the last place to be decluttered. It has an old lawnmower in there, one of the big heavy ones with the grass collector at the back. I haven't used it for at least 5 years since my dad gave me a really light flymo, also the bbq and lots of bits of wood from when we did the fence and the flymo is on top of all that. The little flymo is usually better for my back when I'm not struggling to get it out of the shed !! A lot of stuff will go up the tip together with my old broken garden table.

I've sold the treadmill and its gone. :j The money will go into the puppy fund. The ladies that came to collect it did all the lifting thankfully as I did warn them it was heavy and I had a bad back so I couldn't help. The kitchen looks huge now. Just the wardrobe to go :o still haven't done anything with it.

The rain has arrived. I have snoozed most of the afternoon and apart from another coat of wood stain on the bathroom windowsill I haven't done anything else. :cool:

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Really well done in selling it and decluttering. I hope your back get's better. It sounds like you have been working hard. Make sure you rest a bit too.

I have hardly done much since I came back to work. I keep seeing things I can do!!!!!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2017 at 6:42AM
    Payday :j

Highlights for June

-paid credit card including new hoover in full with savings money
    - 2 birthdays & fathers day paid from xmas / birthdays account
    - 2 evenings out and a couple of lunches :)
    - more bank rewards £8.07 total now £30.50
    - hair cut & coloured paid out of savings
    - lost another 2lb :D
    - lots of decluttering done. Treadmill sold.
    - upcycled free bedside chest of drawers now in my room

Plans for July

- £100 into bills account
    - £100 into long term savings account
    - £50 into xmas / birthdays - 2 birthdays this month
    - more bank rewards
    - lose another 2lb
    - more decluttering & puppy proofing as cheaply as possible
    - DP's are coming to visit next week only found out yesterday :D they will be bringing large puppy cage on loan from niece
    - collect free brand new dog bed from friend
    - collect new smaller dining table won on bay of e for £15. DS will do the heavy lifting. The table will free up much more space and extends for when DP's or others visit
    - girls night in planned just need to sort some cheap food
    - day off work already booked will try to move it to next week when DP's are here.
    - £10 Matalan voucher & £10 shopping voucher to use
    - visit puppies tomorrow :j

Living off savings diary
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    Finally had a phone call from hospital and I have an appointment later this month :j

Wardrobe has been advertised no interest yet. If it doesn't go by the end of next week I will ask my dad to chop it down and make it a smaller size to go under the midi sleeper cabin bed for the spare room for when we sell. It can then go in the loft until we sell in the future and the offcuts can go to the tip.

It looks like its going to be sunny and dry today so I will try and get some washing done as I haven't done any this week due to the rain. Not complaining - the rain has washed my car ;) and the grass is still green, its normally looking dead at this time of year.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Ive just escaped from work! All is well. Well done on all the good things you have achieved. I barely saved this month as I have a walloping credit card bill. Glad you are seeing puppy! Have a lovely day - it looks like it might rain here.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    So here's the plan for July ... must keep unnecessary spends to a minimum

Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet
    Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 1086.11
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income............................ 300
    Total monthly income.................... 1386.11

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 208
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 134
    Electricity............................. 63.17 & gas
    Gas..................................... 0
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 31.78
    Telephone (land line)................... 32.5 & internet /TV
    Mobile phone............................ 7.33
    TV Licence.............................. 12.12
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 320
    Clothing................................ 0
    Petrol/diesel........................... 40
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 28.04
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 0
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 0
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 50
    Haircuts................................ 0
    Entertainment........................... 50
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    annual bills savings.................... 100 to cover annual road tax, car & house insurances, Line rental saver, haircuts £20pm
    long term savings ...................... 100
    bank rewards fee........................ 3
    union fees ............................. 7.84
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1187.78

Secured & HP Debts

Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage...................... 0........(208)......0
    Total secured & HP debts...... 0.........-.........-

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    car ...........................0.........160.......0
    Total unsecured debts..........0.........160.......-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 1,386.11
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,187.78
    Available for debt repayments........... 198.33
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 160
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 38.33

Created using the SOA calculator at www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.

Living off savings diary
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    Went to see puppy today :happyhear 4 weeks to be puppy ready !

I have finished upcycling the old toy/blanket box and it is now the shoe box, in place and all shoes inside. I was going to buy some shoe dividers but managed to find some old shoe boxes and have used those instead just cut/ took the tops off and stacked so not just a pile of shoes inside :cool: All shoes now gone from under stairs and looks much better. I don't know why I didn't think of this before !!! :doh:

We went to harvester on the way home for lunch which was lovely, no vouchers but mine was only £13.24 with re-fillable pepsi max so I drank loads to get my moneys worth :p

I have bought some cupboard locks and plug socket covers from amaxon as part of puppy proofing only £4.37 with free delivery. Budget all worked out for the month and meter readings provided for bill in next few days. Here's to July !!:beer:

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback