Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• Cocobay71
    Cocobay71 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Hi,
    Can you advise me how long does the Green insurance companies home insurance cashback take to track?

I took out a combined contents and buildings insurance policy via quidco in early jan this year, after a while the tracking of this purchase never showed so i put a manual claim in about 8 weeks ago and was advised by your customer support team that they are waiting for a time period to elapse from green insurance before they can complete correspondance with them about my purchase.

How long is this time period stated by Green insurance before they will update my claim as this appears to be going nowhere fast. I have read that a tracked purchase through this company requires my policy number to be entered and other details, i have not even got to that stage yet so thinking that they are really dragging their feet two months on.

Can this be pushed through please as tried to raise another claim but could not as time period ow expired and no updates from quidco in two months since my initial claim.
  • cha1kie
    cha1kie Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 8 March 2013 at 11:31AM
    Hi,
    i purchased a phone from orange in december through quidco which would give me £12 cashback, the cashback has been declined and quidco say that "Another marketing channel was credited with sale", i have only ever used quidco and got the tracking receipt email,This is your first tracking receipt detailing your recent purchase through Quidco, so what other marketing channel could be used, i would be grateful if you could look into this.
  • Hi,

I completed a transaction with Sky last week and it hasn't tracked. It's for £100 so I'd quite like to sort it out. I tried to fill in a cashback claim form but it asks for an order number and there isn't one on any of my correspondance from Sky or showing on my online account. How do I go about getting my cashback?
  • Hi,

Do you know if there are any problems with the quidco app check in service at the moment? I've been trying for several days and it just keeps saying 'searching for location'. I know my gps is working fine as my maps still load up fine.
  • armyknife
    armyknife Posts: 596 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    None of those fly.com searches are ever going to pay out are they, I have some that tracked more than a year ago.
  • Hello

I bought an iPhone 5 contract through Carphone Warehouse using Quidco in Dec 2012 during the £100 cashback for iPhone 5 deal.

The cashback never tracked, so I submitted a claim. After three months the claim has been denied and no reason has been given except "Response from Merchant. Enquiry Unsuccessful - Under investigation".

I made the purchase through Quidco so should be 100% entitled to the cashback. I submitted everything needed in the claim including the order number. I have clicked the "Alert" button - what's going to happen next?
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi quidco Co Rep.

I've just tried to create a Cashback Claim for a 7dayshop purchase from 5th March that does not appear to have tracked.

Where it asks (on "page" 4 of 4 - "Enter specific purchase details requested by the retailer")

for the ORDER NUMBER, the entry box says "This field needs to be under 7 characters."

The only PROBLEM is - MY Order Number HAS 9 DIGITS :eek:

and it will not accept it.

Can you get your whizz kid programmers to remove/change this restriction

OR do I proceed leaving off the first 3 digits - the leading 100 of the 100nnnnnn ?

I'm guessing that 7dayshop changed this format when they totally revamped their website about 6 months ago.
    Having said that, an order I placed a year ago had an order number of 7 digits :D

Thanks
    Cheers Q
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everybody,

I hope you have had a good weekend and not too much trouble with this pesky snow! I will proceed to answer your questions below;

@Cocobay71 Without looking at your account, I’m afraid that I couldn’t comment on your purchase specifically, but all tracking should be complete within 3 days (with the exception of Quidco Compare and EE Broadband). What I would recommend in this case is going to this LINK and selecting “my question is not covered above” from the drop down menu. This will open a blank ticket for you to write to the team and they will be able to have a proper look for you.

@cha1kie I will be happy to explain the cashback process in a little more detail for you to clarify exactly how the retailer come to this decision. Cashback is tracked and paid using third party affiliate networks, which rely on the use of cookies to track your purchases between Quidco and the retailer site. Each time you visit a website, a "cookie" is recorded for this website. If you have other cookies on your browser when making a purchase, then the last, or strongest cookie will be the site that receives the referral fee for the sale. This is why we recommend clearing your cookies before and in between every purchase, even if it is from the same website; so there are no other conflicting cookies. The "other referrer" in this sense can be a number of websites; from search engines such as Google, to the retailer's own website, rewards sites, comparison sites, issuers of voucher or discount codes, to name but a few.

@Tinkabell82 Don’t worry, the order number pops up on the screen when you originally make your purchase, and occasionally people do forget to write this down (i've been guilty of this myself!) If in the claim form, where it asks for this order number, just enter 0’s in that box. As long as you have entered your account number, then they should be able to locate your order.

@NuffinisFree We haven’t had any problems reported. Have you downloaded the app update? This may help. Let us know if you still have issues.

@armyknife Without looking at your account, I could not comment on your searches specifically, but if you raise a ticket at this LINK using the “my question is not covered above” drop down, this will open a blank ticket where you can write to the team and they will be able to investigate for you.

@rosschap This is not one of the codes that we would accept for a declined purchase, so if you could raise a ticket using the above link, we will get the administration team to take a look for you.

@quoia That’s no good at all! I’m very sorry about that, we’ve had the team change the format now so that it can include order numbers of 7-9 digits. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for all of your queries, I will be back shortly to answer any more that you may have.

Have a great week,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quidco rep- i purchased a phone from onephoneshop via quido ladt month.. 100 cashback

All cookies cleared

Had to raise a claim cause it didnt track and i receivef notification yhis morning that its been declined

Quidcare
    14 Mar 13 at 06:45
    Response from Merchant. Enquiry Unsuccessful - Another marketing channel was credited with sale

Is there anything i can do about this as i didnt go thro any ither merchant. Quidco- mcowan77

Thanks

Thanks
  • Thanks Leanne, did a new quote with Direct Line, and the cashback tracked.
    How do you pursue payment for More Than insurance? Mine tracked when I got car insurance in November (Faster Paying!!!!), and then nothing - turned me off using them this time. And I can't leave a review for them, which I dearly want to do.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback