Injury at work compo recommendations reqd

I've been temping recently, doing some manual work, and whilst there I cut my leg with a bit of machinery, which nobody seemed bothered about and resulted in me going to hospital too late for stitches to prevent a scar, and I also sustained a sprained muscle in my upper back which has caused me to have to turn down further manual work and restricted my exercise options, and the doctor says this will last a couple of months.

I'm normally on the side of burning all ambulance-chasing solicitors but right now money is very tight and my the injury has limited my working options and provided me with discomfort on a daily basis. I'm therefore thinking of contacting a 'no win, no fee' company and seeing what they say. Obviously, there are plenty of these sharks advertising on the tele and internet, but can anyone actually recommend any based on positive experiences?

Many thanks all
I am a cider drinker - like my father before me.

Comments

• woj101
    woj101 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Well, I can't see how that's down to me as a temp - I informed those I was working with when I cut myself but was left to patch it up myself, and I told them I was experiencing discomfort in my shoulder, and all I got back was jokes about not being able to take ' a real day's work'.

I have informed my temping agency about the cut, and I understand a form has been filled out, but I have not told them about my shoulder as I only went to the doctor last night. I guess I'll ring the agency again and include that.
    I am a cider drinker - like my father before me.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    woj101 wrote: »
    Well, I can't see how that's down to me as a temp -

Well it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts