PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• Peachy, how long have you had your Kenwood for, as they are giving away free attachments on the website at the moment if you have bought a new one since the 1st of Oct. I am waiting for a mincer/ Kebbe attachment to arrive. Kebbe is a sausage maker.

Will find you the link.....
  • http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/

There you go, it's on the front of the Web page.

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Peachy, how long have you had your Kenwood for, as they are giving away free attachments on the website at the moment if you have bought a new one since the 1st of Oct. I am waiting for a mincer/ Kebbe attachment to arrive. Kebbe is a sausage maker.

Will find you the link.....

Thanks for that, but unfortunatley I didn't buy one of the included models, it's only with the Titanium models and I got a Premier :(
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Thanks for that, but unfortunatley I didn't buy one of the included models, it's only with the Titanium models and I got a Premier :(

Aww! That's a shame. As I have a Kmix I didn't look at the requirements for the other mixers. Sorry :(
  • About to make a loaf, make a loaf a day in my baby!!! Love it!! :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Thanks for your most informative post, but what's a kebbe? I saw it in my book but still don't know what it is :o

I'm watching a few extruding pasta makers on ebay at the mo, I don't really want to splash out for the roller type yet as although I'm sure they make better pasta I'm not sure how much I'll use it, not being a great pasta lover (OH is though).

I shall watch with interest how you get on with your roto slicer, that looks good, especially as once I get rid of my food processor I won't have anything to slice the potatoes for potato bakes like dauphinoise, I thought that might do the job.

A Kebbe is a hollow sausage shaped 'thingy' which you then stuff. They can be vegetarian (my lodger has made one with bulgar wheat) but I'm just happy with a sausage! The extruding pasta makers appeal to me far more (I can't be bothered with rolling and re-rolling and it seems far less fiddly.

I've updated my post about the high speed slicer - it won't work with the new machines!:mad: Which is a shame as I've just got one!:mad::eek::mad: However the roto-slicer grater seems to work well.

I shall try it out and let you know.

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
  • dronid
    edited 29 November 2012 at 5:25PM
    Peachy, how long have you had your Kenwood for, as they are giving away free attachments on the website at the moment if you have bought a new one since the 1st of Oct.

I've gone for the Ice cream maker as I do like the idea of that!

The mincer, multi-mill, pasta maker and peeler and a few other bits and bobs are cheap at Debenhams worth a look.

• Oooooh am going to make a cake after tea tonight, just cant stop using it!!!! I will deff need slimming world in a bit! :O
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My name is peachy and I am a Kenwood addict :rotfl:

Got home from work yesterday and whipped me up a victoria sponge, it was ready in time for my afternoon coffee, delish!

Tonight was my first experiemnt with the blender. I made parmesan & rosemary breadcrumbs for chicken escalopes. Once I realised I couldn't just throw all the bread in at once as I could with my food processor they came out really well and much finer that the FP ever made. So, another success for my boy.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • dronid
    My name is peachy and I am a Kenwood addict :rotfl:

Welcome Peachy. You're in a safe place here.
    :eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek:

Yes, with the liquidiser you do have to do a bit at a time but it's much better quality - and fresh breadcrumbs come out much better.

Lodger made chicken liver pate in it last night. I'm really going to need to catch up!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure