PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

where the OS magic happens!!!!

19495969798100»

Comments

• katiekoo wrote: »
    I've been reading here for a few weeks now but have only just plucked up the courage to post.

We renovated our last house to raise some money to start a 'OS' life for our family. We used to live in a very nobby area where keeping up with the Jones was the done thing. It was starting to get to us so we decided to make the most of our one asset and then move away. We traded down to quite a minging house (nice now though) and we can afford for me to stay at home now. I feel very lucky.

This was what we did to our last kitchen. The estate agents said that it added a huge amount to the value of the house. I have to say that I found it quite a scary kitchen as you couldn't really have any homely clutter. Nevertheless, it did the trick. :j

kitchen.jpg

Quoted - so I can find it again.
  • Here is mine - not brilliant photos

kitchenafter2.jpg

Kitchenafter.jpg

I also have a dining area with a dresser, but no photos of that!!

Saved - for reference.
  • Mine is part way done - we still have the work surface and cupboards to sort out - but this is it so far:

100_0019.jpg

100_0022.jpg

saved for reference.
  • Oh well - that's that sorted. To be basically the style of first photo I've saved - but with the breakfast bar opposite the main bit.

I do need a bit of electrical work in the kitchen after all then. I've just decided to get rid of my freestanding cooker at one location in the kitchen and have an integral one on opposite wall. Good job there's one of those currently redundant power points on that wall - as I guess it should be possible to swop it over with the cooker point on opposite wall.

Just need to find a picture of a nice thick plain "floating" shelf for one location.
  • So pleased this thread is still going, i have moved so will have to post a photo of my new kitchen. Love that people are still sharing :)
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good job there's one of those currently redundant power points on that wall - as I guess it should be possible to swop it over with the cooker point on opposite wall.

May not be as straightforward as that Money, cookers are normally on their own circuit AIUI. If you look in your fuse box you may well find one labelled cooker.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    love all the kitchen photos
  • Yep. It has been useful. My new kitchen is now in process of being ordered and it will look a lot like post 993.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure