PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Phew, it's just hives linked to the cold/cough I have. Feeling better about it now!

Off to bring DD bedding in and clean out the fire xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,
    Very productive day, got EVERYTHING on the list done! Completely emptied the dresser and polished, and took forever to clean the windows as they hadn't been done properly since we had the kitchen redone:eek:

Shopping list for tomorrow done, need to use up some bits in the freezer ready to make room for premade meals for when I have an op in a couple of weeks time.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad some of the health problems seem to be clearing up/not serious. Well done for lots of people finishing the list.
    I've had a very emotional day after a bad night; old car collected, hire car delivered. It has a console that would do justice to a trip to the moon - I'm usually a fairly gadget-loving techie sort of person but it is very daunting in a car. Drove to see MIL then to Tesco very cautiously. It's especially awkward outside our house as they are still digging up the road putting in cable so it's a hazard as we're currently in between traffic lights. Wasn't confident enough to back into drive like I usually do so pulled in frontwards which doubtless I will regret tomorrow.

One load through DW and put away.
    One report finished.
    New work list written.
    More email sorting.
    Lots of gardening done by Mr N.
    Larder replenished.
    Sorry that's it for today. Will try harder tomorrow.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »

I can't remember who it was whose dog is getting worried by visitors - please can you talk to your vet about this? They may be willing to do a telephone consult initially if bringing the dog in would stress it even more to begin with and that could be helpful. When any of my rescue dogs get upset the vets then always want to rule out anything physical so it usually involves taking them in, but there are things that they would consider behavioural that I forget about every time. As a last resort there are always calming chemicals, and Kelpie still occasionally needs them - he has a DAP collar and a puffer sort of thing that plugs into a socket near his bed which he finds very, very comforting when he's struggling to cope. After nearly two years he still goes through stressed times, and with rescue dogs we have absolutely no way to know what they've been through which triggers disruptive behaviour. Most vets can recommend behavioural therapists who could point you in the right direction, as well.

Thanks HB. It was me. We rescued our dog 4 years ago, he had been badly treated. To begin with he was terrified of visitors and we did a lot of work with a behaviorist. We got to the point where he was OK if visitors came in and they sat quietly. However if anyone (including family) makes sudden movements, play fights, shouts or cries he will rush in. He bit my eldest son quite badly once. The behavourist said that these problems are so deep rooted that we may just never be able to complete resolve them.

The problem is that the kids are now at an age where we seem to be having a lot of friends in and out. We live rurally so it was easier to manage when they were younger and visits were just organised play dates. Now they make their own arrangements which is fine. However, the dog used to settle quite well in his crate but lately he has started whining and barking and generally becoming agitated.

We cant limit visitors, I want the boys to have their friends around. Equally we cant reliably expect teenagers to never rush about and be silly. We have learnt this lesson the hard way unfortunately.

I just dont know what to do.

Anyone, sorry for hijacking the thread. Bit worried about Bossy, hope all is OK x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got my 1.5 stone sticker. Half a pound to go (half! So close! Aargh!) to 10% of my starting weight LOST
    WU!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) YL. I think it still might be worthwhile talking it through with a vet because something's changed and that's always worth investigating.

Huge congratulations, Valli and even a Wooty Woot Woot Woot, as you would say!

House looking a bit more shipshape than it did this morning. Good.
    Better is good enough.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all and welcome AMZ :hello:

Pleased the news was good Bossy and ATB
    Great to read you feeling a bit better HB
    Well done Valli on the weight loss and hope 10% arrives soon
    Sending calming vibes LW for your busy week

Dusted all through, top to bottom
    Have finished sorting the hall cupboard and it looks great
    Front porch all emptied, swept, washed and put back tidily
    Have dragged out the cases and sorted contents (stuff always take)

Mondays are Marvellous!! - Kitchen and Dining Area
    Degunge the fridge
    Extras:
    Declutter any drawers that need a really good decluttering!!
    Clear out a cupboard of junk!

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons if you're needing some
    Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Valli! :j

Rubbish nights sleep here - constantly itching interspersed with coughing my guts up. The hives have spread - doctor said it could get worse before it gets better - so literally all of me from waist up is covered now :(

So far I've loaded the DW and done some financials. DH now away until Thursday PM. Will shove the vacuum round this morning and clean the fire.

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Welcome newbies, well done Valli and hope poorlies feel better soon.

As usual me and the dogs are fed, so I'll wash the dishes, then make a start on cleaning the bedroom this morning as well as the dailies.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry for the late posting of today's list... But it is there now, oh and I have changed Dusty's name to Valli's :D

Managed to convince DH that he is to stay off till next week...stupid man wanted to go back to work on Wednesday.. Oh no he doesn't.. So I told him he can go back next week unless he is in hospital with a drip then he has to have more time off, but they will give him a sick certificate then so he won't have to worry. My hoover is in permanent use in the living room at the moment, it looks like he has perpetual dandruff but on the skin instead...nice piles of ick (skin!) on the floor... Poor lamb can't understand why he feels so well but he can't do anything..thankfully we are on ibruprofen for the pain which is starting to help him stand up now. But the swelling is still there with a mad vegenance..as well as the rash. Although it isn't really a rash it's more like a very badly sunburnt skin that hasn't quite got there.. Poor thing it is driving me mad too..I even went out to my "sisters" yesterday for a few hours so it gave him some time on his own. I think he appreciated it.. :D

I am putting him out in the garden today, in a deckchair with his tablet so he can peruse the internet etc..or even watch something on Sky Sports. |The sun should help his skin which I am hoping will start to look like it is healing very soon.. Even if the swelling starts to go down that's a bonus. AAAAHHH blooming horrible cellulitis.. Hopefully this will teach him not to leave it next time so it gets infected.

Heather, the cleaner, is coming around later this morning so that is someone new for him to talk to. :D I am going to throw myself into cleaning the kitchen, while she is here - well that is the plan we will see if my virus lets me though...lol

Hugs and love to everyone that needs them :D
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business