Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Another update : :D

I did receive an update from my ticket, again from Michelle, but I still couldn't get that simple yes or no answer, but I've accepted the response as a definite no. Strangely, I couldn't leave any feedback for the response! I wanted to leave a generous 2*, but it wouldn't accept my request. Maybe they only allow 5* reviews?

Anyway, More Than have been contacted and the complaints process has started. They initially stated I'd have to deal with TCB, but once I explained how More Than were classed as the 'principal' and TCB as an 'introducer' and that the 'principal' was responsible, they listened.
    They hope they can resolve issues at basic level, but more than likely it will have to be passed on to the 'complaints resolution team'. They could then either uphold my mis-selling complaint (due to non-payment of affiliate marketing), or issue that 'deadlock letter'.
    That's where I'm currently at, but at least they agreed that having to wait around 36 weeks and then a possible 4-6 extra weeks before raising a complaint was, to say the least, unreasonable (take note TCB).
    Again, I'll update as and when as it may help others. But, up to an eight week wait now before any FOS involvement, although I do expect this to be resolved a lot quicker.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey B_M,

Hopefully it won't be too long now before the merchant pays us. Remember the number of weeks you see is an average, it may progress a bit quicker / longer than this.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hopefully it won't be too long now before the merchant pays us. Remember the number of weeks you see is an average, it may progress a bit quicker / longer than this.

Irrelevant really, but personally I'd prefer it to go to FOS level.
    They may then listen to what's expected of a financial related company and act accordingly. Even a £550 referral fee isn't going to hurt them (if it got to the adjudicator), but it has created extra work.
    Many must be caught up with this issue, especially if the TCB stats are correct.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 March 2017 at 9:33PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72069458#post72069458

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72075324#post72075324

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72094823#post72094823

"I will get the cashback one way or another I always do".

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72195947&postcount=111

"No response to twice emailed complaint - next step"

https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

Complaint Escalated to CISAS 9th March

13 Feb 2017 Origin Broadband 04 Oct 2016 £172.49 £35.00Waiting for Merchant

I also included this on CISAS Complaints form

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebate_(marketing)

"A rebate is an amount paid by way of reduction, return, or refund on what has already been paid or contributed. It is a type of sales promotion that marketers use primarily as incentives or supplements to product sales"

"Rebates are commonly offered by retailers indirectly, through the use of a third party rebate or Cashback website."
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Best cashback and fastest payer was BT
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@B_M and @bristolleedsfan - Many thanks for your sharing your opinions and experiences.

@ Justice13075 - I am really delighted to hear that your cashback with BT progressed successfully and quickly.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 March 2017 at 9:49AM

@B_M and @bristolleedsfan - Many thanks for your sharing your opinions and experiences.

I would also like to thank you Matt, for sharing your opinion. (#3341).
    Whether that's a personal opinion or a TCB opinion, or both, it was appreciated.
    My thoughts (#3342) have been confirmed by the FOS, but that's not surprising to be honest.
    Although there is no exact time-frame for purchasers to receive cashback incentives for buying financial products, there is an expectation. Later than four months would be considered 'excessive' and TCB's ticketed response of waiting 35 / 36 weeks and then a further 4 / 6 weeks is just well ............................................. :rotfl:
    (dealing with that right now)

Other interesting pieces of advice and help came from that latest discussion, so thanks again for your post.
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Thor,

I appreciate what you are saying, Argos have given us some very unique cashback rates that are not normally on other cashback sites and this unique opportunity has also come with it's unique challenges that have had to have been worked through. While this has only affected a small amount of the thousands upon thousands of transactions tracked through us we understand it's been a very frustrating wait for those members affected.

We do feel we are getting close now to resolving the longstanding claims with this merchant and we appreciate you bearing with us for just a little longer. Processes have been changed and we hope in the future if you have to claim you find the process a lot less timely as you have encountered with your specific transaction.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Do you really think there is going to be a resolution for my case? Will I hit the 2 year anniversary? Topcashback have trotted out the "getting close now to resolving the longstanding claims with this merchant and we appreciate you bearing with us for just a little longer" line for well over a year with me now.
    I do want to be able to use topcashback again as there are a small number of times they beat quidco but I need to be paid out what I was promised before I will do so.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2017 at 6:32PM
    And the lastest bovine excrement from TCB, for life Insurance taken out May 2016, TCB notified immediately when claim didn't appear worth £75.
    >>Hi there,

After looking into your claim further for you, I am sorry to tell you that your claim has been declined as the network has not identified ourselves as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction.

As I am sure you can appreciate, if we have not been identified as the last referral, the merchant does not pay the cashback to ourselves so we are unable to pass this back onto you. Unfortunately, as this is the nature of cashback, we cannot guarantee that you will always be successful in retrieving your cashback, although we do strive to recover as many as the missing claims as we can.

Please be assured that we have tried our hardest to recover your expected cashback for this claim by exploring all channels with no success.

I am very sorry that we were unable to claim your expected cashback for you on this occasion and we are as disappointed as you on this decision.

I hope future transactions run smoothly for you in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Alex <<
    The above statement is untrue.
    And this message just happened to appear the day I informed TCB the claim would be going to FOS or FCA and that my message was effictively an NBA before legal action.
    I suggested they find out exactly who the referrer was, as part of their defence should court action be required.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Complaint raised on the 8th March, cashback made payable today, 13th March.
    Resolved.
    Thanks to Matt, I've now found out about a new approach. I won't go into it this time, but basically a two-pronged attack.
    I'm not too sure your colleague will be as grateful though. ;)

@JPears - there appears to something missing from your rejection response. It doesn't seem to include your options if you are unhappy with the situation. Thankfully, you know the score. Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback