When do I switch?

Options
Hi all :money:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..

I currently have a pre-payment meter in my flat from the previous tenants that had the property repossessed, I now own the property but haven't ever bothered to change the meters due to potentially renting the place out.

A year or so later and I've decided it's probably best to change them! I'm with Scottish Power at the moment but my question is: after I switch to a monthly direct debit (an automatic saving) how much data do I need before I can make an accurate comparison to switch to a cheaper provider altogether? Is one month accurate enough or would I have to wait 3 or more?

Again sorry if the answer to this is somewhere, I have had a look but can't seem to find anything!

Looking forward to your replies :)

Many thanks!

Jenn

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your usage should not change just because you change to a credit meter. All that should change should be the unit prices and standing charges (if applicable) Since you would then have the whole of the market to choose from, you should be able to save appreciably, I would have thought.

Suggest you try to find a supplier who will change the meter(s) free of charge, if such an animal still exists.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure