Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I wouldn't worry - they come in blocks, it seems to me. Nothing for ages and then a whole pile of banks at once! I guess it's down to how the clients commission things.........
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • optimum contact have emailed me to say that they have a lot of calls to be made for May, there are a lot, I am registered with them, does anyone have any experience with them? The pay per call etc/
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    optimum contact have emailed me to say that they have a lot of calls to be made for May, there are a lot, I am registered with them, does anyone have any experience with them? The pay per call etc/

I've done physical visits for them. Plenty of detail in the brief and an example report, and nice people to speak to if you are unsure about anything. They pay promptly too.

Not done the telephone work, so cannot comment on that.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • moneymaker2
    moneymaker2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    I signed up for my first job on RE this morning but it's not till the 3rd June. It'll be the first one and therefore I cannot yet apply for anymore until this one is completed which is rubbish cause theres loads on there that I could do.
    Just signed up for optimum something or other as well so awaiting a call or email from them to proceed.
    Indiefield doesn't seem to good at the moment
  • angelsarah
    angelsarah Posts: 151 Forumite
    loads of mystery shopping for:

the fast food with a clown
    clubbing mytery shops
    the camera shops
    the phone shops
    the computer shop and more

on gap now on

:TThAnKs To EvErYoNe oN MSE fOr AlL yOuR hElP
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I signed up for my first job on RE this morning but it's not till the 3rd June. It'll be the first one and therefore I cannot yet apply for anymore until this one is completed which is rubbish cause theres loads on there that I could do.
    Just signed up for optimum something or other as well so awaiting a call or email from them to proceed.
    Indiefield doesn't seem to good at the moment

Poor moneymaker! There is a learning point here, which might be useful for new MS. When you grab your first job at RE, try to get one which is very imminent - if you book one weeks in advance, it will mean that you can't accept any work for them until you have done it. :eek:

Thanks for telling us, Moneymaker - I hadn't realised this either!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Genie75
    Genie75 Posts: 77 Forumite
    hi
    Has anyone noticed that they are not getting any assignments from grass roots? When i first signed up i was getting loads of emails offering me jobs i have done one and since then i havnt been offered any more jobs.

many thanks

I had offers just yesterday. It could just be that this month, someone who lives nearer to the client than you accepted the jobs first.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi
    I've been mystery shopping since January as well as a full time job. I told the tax office and now I've been asked to fill in a tax return. I've tried to do it but it's soo complicated. I've worked out I've earned less than £100, now I'm thinking is it really worth the hassle if I've got to fill in a tax return. Wish I'd never told them!
    Any advice gratefully recieved
    Thanks
    :eek:
    No you don't wish you had never told them! You can get stung with £100 fine for not telling them, more too for not declaring earnings. I just did my tax return online and it was easy. Get a cash book and put MONEY IN on one page and MONEY OUT on the other, keep your receipts, and remember that many companies who do MS are PAYE and you will get a p.60 so you keep that info separate. WHatever you earnt as a SELF EMPLOYED Mystery Shopper MINUS expenses you had to shell out (as long as you didnt get them reimbursed by the MS company) whatever is left over is your profit. The IR does free courses at tax offices on how to do a tax return. I recommend going on one of these courses.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Ooo we've been stickied :)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • moneymaker2
    moneymaker2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Boo just got this reply from Optimum Contact:

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Customer Service Assessor. Unfortunately, on this occasion, you have not been short-listed for selection. Once again, thank you for your interest and we wish you every success in your future endeavours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure