Mortgage free by 50!!!!

Comments

• Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind. And I agree that every little bit helps take a little off the total, and those little bits will add up to big chunks.

Good luck on your journey :). Keep posting!!
    November Make £5 a day~£17.78/£150
    My Goal - to be mortgage free by August 2023.
    2013 MFW No. 145 £226.92/£1000
    Mortgage Bricks paid for ~ 2/1000 _pale_
  • I spent just 50p today on my daily paper.....saved the left over veggies from yesterday's roast dinner to go with tonight's dinner of quiche.
    Spent the morning having fun with my son....he's gone out with his dad now and my friend is coming over (more free fun and gossip over coffee!):beer:

I've never managed a nsd....love my daily paper and a cuppa especially before a dreaded afternoon shift!:mad:

bought extra carrots from mr T when I went shopping last week so am going to make carrot and coriander soup for some lovely comforting lunches now the weather has turned.

I still haven't put the heating on.....it's still not that chilly in south wales!
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just thought I would say good luck on your journey. I am a fellow single mum trying hard to get rid of my mortgage. You never know where you're gonna be in 5 years is the way I see it, and I want to be a bit more financially independent.

I own my house with my brother, so slightly different to you, but still with the same thing in mind at the end, owning our own houses!

Will follow your thread with interest, I do have my own, but very rarely post to it even though I am still going with the overpaying every month.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I spent just 50p today on my daily paper.

I've never managed a nsd....love my daily paper and a cuppa especially before a dreaded afternoon shift!:mad:
    So, at 50p it's one of three titles...... and they are all available free on the iPad :T. If it's a regional title a good number of them are free too (big city ones).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,450
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    So, at 50p it's one of three titles...... and they are all available free on the iPad :T. If it's a regional title a good number of them are free too (big city ones).

And iPads cost how much? :D
  • I have one lowly laptop sadly....no ipad, or smartphone! DS has every gadget known to man except an ipad.....I'll have to keep spending my 50ps!!!!

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    And iPads cost how much? :D
    I have one lowly laptop sadly....no ipad, or smartphone! DS has every gadget known to man except an ipad.....I'll have to keep spending my 50ps!!!!
    Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but...... most people on here seem to have one :o. Anyway Ed, if you have one you can get the Daily Record free :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • inigma
    inigma Posts: 190
    Mortgage-free Glee! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hey Sleepygirl126, will follow this thread, sounds like you have the right attitude for mortgage slaying. I have taken to promising myself a treat when I am mortgage free make sure you do the same :)
    06/06/2023 mortgage mort dateJUST BRING IT
  • Had a lovely walk to Mr S with my Labrador.....not quite so lovely on the way back when she flung herself into stagnant water!! She stinks:eek:

Bought the paper- its a 7 mile walk along the river there and back so that's my exercise for the day too.

Stopped at the greengrocers and bought onions and potatoes..couldn't resist a home baked warm roll and jam donut from the bakery either (tut tut)...they were lush though!!!:D

That's a total spend of £2.37 for today....

Home made carrot and coriander soup for lunch with that donut for afters, got home made spinach and cheese pie with mash and veg for tea...had a pack of jelly in the store cupboard so raspberry jelly for pud!

Should still have enough in my purse to make an OP at the end of the month....won't be as much as £12 though!! lol!!

• SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have fun bathing your Lab sleepyg :) They always shake at precisely the wrong moment!

I believe that it is a sin to walk past donuts without buying one (or two or....) :) Enjoy your lunch.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family