Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• patientperson
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    patientperson; I'm about to open SW accounts, can you direct me to where it says restricted to 2 accounts please (I've had a look, but can't find any reference to it). Also, do you have to wait until the first account's been opened before you can apply for a second?

I spoke to SW concerning linked accounts and at the same time asked about the number of SW Internet Saver accounts that are permitted.

In my case I waited until the first account had been opened although I am not saying that it was necessary to do so.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I haven't seen it either, but I've had an email apologising for taking an age to open, and in passing, telling me it's 2 maximum.
    I haven't tested their defences...

"Unfortunately a system issue occurred and caused delay in the setting up and opening of your accounts. I can confirm that this has been rectified now and your accounts have been opened.

I would be grateful if you could confirm as soon as possible whether you wish this accounts to remain open. I would also be grateful if you can confirm that your subsequent payment of £10.00 should be initiated with effect from a suitable date in December.

Please note that you are permitted to have no more than 2 Internet Saver accounts open per customer at any given time."

Cut & paste - so errors are SW's.

We also received these emails today and they go on to say:
    "We will require Bank ID to be provided for the bank account you nominated to run alongside this account. This can be in the form of an original or certified statement (dated within the last 3 months), cancelled cheque or bank giro credit slip. We can also accept online bank statements as long as they show the URL address on them.
    Please note that we require ID to be received by 14 December 2017 or your account will be closed".

The initial £10 DD deposits were actually taken yesterday although the regular DD deposits were not set up and I added them yesterday.

We also opened 2nd accounts on Sunday and these have been much easier to do with them showing up in our online a/cs already and with the correct regular DD deposits shown

As the accounts seem to be up and working OK I telephoned them to confirm that they definitely still need statements from the linked a/cs. Yes they do, and from the new ones as well, otherwise they'll close them.
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Bad news first. Scottish Widows emailed me today saying they were closing my recently opened third account because the maximum number of accounts under new terms and conditions (8 November IIRC) is two.

Good news next. The Post Office Online Saver seems to be back!
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 November 2017 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    Bad news first. Scottish Widows emailed me today saying they were closing my recently opened third account because the maximum number of accounts under new terms and conditions (8 November IIRC) is two.

Good news next. The Post Office Online Saver seems to be back!

If you applied before November 8, 2017. They should allow you to keep the third accounts.

The fact that the account is open after November 8, 2017 does not really matter.

About PO Just tried it a few minutes a go;
    "We are very sorry - we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again in a few hours. "
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    I must have been lucky then to get in between it coming back and the technical difficulties. I would keep trying. It's a new issue - 27 - so the difficulties probably really are only technical. Since they have been saying "check back often" for several weeks they are possibly experiencing a large number of applications.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    I must have been lucky then to get in between it coming back and the technical difficulties. I would keep trying. It's a new issue - 27 - so the difficulties probably really are only technical. Since they have been saying "check back often" for several weeks they are possibly experiencing a large number of applications.

Its a perennial problem with PO.
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can the Post Office online saver be redesignated to the latest iteration without needing to reapply for a new account?
    :beer:
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chadsman wrote: »
    Can the Post Office online saver be redesignated to the latest iteration without needing to reapply for a new account?
    :beer:

Good question but whether you want to or not would depend on which issue you have.

The superseded issue 26 was better at 1.27% as opposed to the new issue 27 at 1.22% despite the 0.25% increase in the BOE base rate.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Was wondering being as direct debits can be set for weekly payments what is the advantage of opening more than 1 Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account.?
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I opened 2 SWs, but the second one automatically selected the nominated account for the first.
    Same with the PO
    This didnt happen with BirMids. (Subj to receiving confirmation/paperwork), I have 2 different BM nominated accounts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback