Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    dlusman wrote: »
    But you cannot make a general statement about the population based on a sample of one household
    robin58 wrote: »
    Utter rubbish.

Everybody does it even governments and your local multi national food chains.

If you truely believe you can make a general statement about a population based on a sample size of 1 then please provide an example
  • Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you truely believe you can make a general statement about a population based on a sample size of 1 then please provide an example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonesome_George
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Shrimply wrote: »
    The exception that proves the rule :D :T
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 May 2017 at 3:19PM
    Shrimply wrote: »

okay - i'll give you that - but in this case we are not talking about a total population of 1. We are talking about making a statement about a large population based on sampling 1 of them
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    okay - i'll give you that - but in this case we are not talking about a total population of 1. We are talking about making a statement about a large population based on sampling 1 of them

In the words of Elsa , "Let it go". :rotfl:
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    TE=charlies_mum;72574275]In the words of Elsa , "Let it go". :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Agree totally. First remark about studying people habits was a joke.

He mssed the big grin emoji

The rest of the conversations were how real life companies follow our habits as a population to make money.

Conversation now over.

But I will leave dlusman digging his hole.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Has anyone used Aldi or Lidl 'refine' shampoo or conditioner? I use elvive in the white and red bottle and wondered if they'd be a good alternative? Thanks
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    adandem wrote: »
    Has anyone used Aldi or Lidl 'refine' shampoo or conditioner? I use elvive in the white and red bottle and wondered if they'd be a good alternative? Thanks

As you've spotted, these are Elvive dupes, in Aldi at least. I used the colour protect version and really liked it. There are 12 glowing reviews online and one negative one, which tells you something.
    At the moment I'm using the excellent Aldi Carino cheapo coconut shampoo and conditioner which is an Alberto dupe, along with some genuine Elvive for when my hair is having an oily time.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I used the colour protect version and really liked it.
    Does this actualy extend the life of your colour, as opposed to strip it out?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2017 at 2:52PM
    I bought the five blade men's razor with an extra grooming blade from Lidl. It seemed to be quite good quality, but I kept cutting myself with the extra blade and had to throw it out.

I bought the five blade men's razor from Aldi. It seems more cheaply made, but it works OK and I don't cut myself with it.

Today I was surprised to find vegan 'made with coconut cream' ice cream in Aldi. There are two flavours, a vanilla (or was it called coconut) and a chocolate coconut. I bought the chocolate. At £2.49 for 480ml, it's not cheap. But, it's quite nice. I didn't like the chocolate coconut ice cream that the Co-op was selling for a while. While the Aldi version isn't perfect, could be a bit creamier, it's not bad at all. I'll be buying more, and trying the white (vanilla? coconut) flavour next.

I was very surprised to see the 'ice-cream' actually labelled vegan instead of vegetarian.

Recently I've been buying the Aldi 'soft wholemeal' loaf. It seems quite nice, and unlike some I have eaten actually is soft. It seems a match for other supermarket's own-brand wholemeal loaves.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure