Huge renewal discount from Kwik Fit.

Options
andyfromotley
andyfromotley Posts: 2,038 Forumite
edited 9 October 2015 at 11:53AM in Insurance & life assurance
Hardly shocking but Kwik Fit jacked up my premium on house insurance renewal from £114 to £170.

Armed with a comparison website quote of £116 i rang to cancel. They reduced it instantly to £109, A rduction of about 35%.

Get in.
£1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
!

Comments

• charliewocka
    Options
    On the other hand, I had my renewal quote from Allianz last month. Called them up and said I had quote from Direct Line for £xxx and could they do better. They said they can't move at all, not even a £! So, off to Direct Line I went! :D
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    I'm from the side that says if I get a renewal and then they drop it instantly after being challenged - I go with the other company. Loyalty means nothing to these companies and if they tried to screw me on renewal - then they can kiss goodbye to my business
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • switch007
    Options
    Didn't you save only £5...? (£114 last year, £109 this year) Assuming almost identical circumstances/risk profile.

Many, many insurance companies quote a rediculous figure on renewal just to see who will lazily pay it!
  • andyfromotley
    Options
    switch007 wrote: »
    Didn't you save only £5...? (£114 last year, £109 this year) Assuming almost identical circumstances/risk profile.

Many, many insurance companies quote a rediculous figure on renewal just to see who will lazily pay it!
    Yes and that's what I made the saving on. (don't pee on my bonfire TVM!)
    On top of which I got it cheaper than any of the comparison websites came up with, plus its a pretty skinny price for home insurance so I was hardly likely to get another £100 off. But thanks for your support.:money:
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I always go through cashback sites for both home and car insurance every year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure