Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• Afahmaep
    Afahmaep Posts: 293 Forumite
    Old Saying Once bitten twice shy
    Modern Saying Once Sh*t on Twice Bye!
  • Afahmaep
    Afahmaep Posts: 293 Forumite
    ............ And no limit to how many you can open!! Yet!!
    Old Saying Once bitten twice shy
    Modern Saying Once Sh*t on Twice Bye!
  • Afahmaep wrote: »
    Yes .ONLY 1!. Particularly annoying as it is a 2 year saver and I was the OP on the Loughborough BS thread.

i opened 3 reg saver + :j as their was no limit to number of accounts per person.

personally i dont c loughboroughs 7% reg saver as appealing or have i missed something. :confused:
  • Thanks. I have put the details of the Loughborough BS Regular Savings Account into the bottom of post 3. I had started off by putting in post 2 but I was typing the details, I realized that the interest rate drops to 4.5% after the first year (or a minimum of 4.5% to be completely accurate), so I thought it was more appropriate to put it in with accounts in post 3 (which all have a high rate for only 12 months).
  • , I realized that the interest rate drops to 4.5% after the first year (or a minimum of 4.5% to be completely accurate), so I thought it was more appropriate to put it in with accounts in post 3 (which all have a high rate for only 12 months).

"The rate is guaranteed to be 1.25% above the Bank of England base rate until 30 November 2009" ( 2 years) ;)
  • "The rate is guaranteed to be 1.25% above the Bank of England base rate until 30 November 2009" ( 2 years) ;)

Oh crumbs! Thanks for pointing that out. Right... it is going back into post 2!

Would you mind having a look at this new post that I have written? (Edit: see below) Let me know if I have made a mistake in my calculations. I am not sure how long it takes to transfer money from Sainsbury's to Skipton - I am guessing 3 working days.

Edit: Post moved to a separate thread here to avoid duplication and cluttering up this thread.
  • Have added the Chorley BS Santa Saver to post 4 (and thanked interest Ted who pointed it out).
  • Updated to include the Monmouthshire BS Christmas Saver as pointed out by Afahmaep in another thread. (I haven't included the Scarborough or Dudley BS Christmas Savers as the interest rates are too low to meet my criteria for inclusion in this thread, otherwise the posts would be even longer than they are now.)

I think that there is no maturity date on the Monmouthshire BS Christmas Saver account (from what I can tell from the terms and conditions, I think you can carry on saving in this account without making any withdrawals, indefinitely). I have therefore placed it in post 2 above.
  • I think that there is no maturity date on the Monmouthshire BS Christmas Saver account (from what I can tell from the terms and conditions, I think you can carry on saving in this account without making any withdrawals, indefinitely). I have therefore placed it in post 2 above.

carpetbaggers dream :j stick 100.00 in to start then do 1.00 per month with no end date. :j
  • DECEMBER 2007
    Current Monthly Estimated
    RATE BS/BANK Holding Deposit Interest
    1 8.25% Loughborough £2500 £250 £206.25

no wonder some newbie regular savers form an opinion that if they feed 250.00 in a month they that they will receive the same interest as if they had put a lump sum of 2500 or 3000 into an account. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure