Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• Looking for some clarification on t&cs of Cheshire Platinum Account.

Current have an Platinum Account but an earlier issue than that on offer now.

Does the "One account per customer" rule apply by issue ... i.e.I could open another ?

Just a punt ... my assumption is no ... thoughts ?
  • Careful_ly
    Careful_ly Posts: 622
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Looking for some clarification on t&cs of Cheshire Platinum Account.

Current have an Platinum Account but an earlier issue than that on offer now.

Does the "One account per customer" rule apply by issue ... i.e.I could open another ?

Just a punt ... my assumption is no ... thoughts ?

Its fine to have one of each issue.
    So go ahead, I'm hoping issue 5 will be available shortly.
    If you have access to Derbyshire, they have exactly the same range and you can have one of each of these too.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,404
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Folks,

I have checked everything and I cannot find anything that has changed. I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
  • lemonjelly
    lemonjelly Posts: 8,014
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I havea N&P regular e-saver, & also a West Brom regular saver - both due to mature in October.

Is anyone aware whether these accounts allow for a 13th payment? I seem to recall a discussion that the 13th payment was expressly forbidden in the T&C's of some regular savings accounts in recent history?

TIA
    It's getting harder & harder to keep the government in the manner to which they have become accustomed.
  • Careful_ly
    Careful_ly Posts: 622
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lemonjelly wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I havea N&P regular e-saver, & also a West Brom regular saver - both due to mature in October.

Is anyone aware whether these accounts allow for a 13th payment? I seem to recall a discussion that the 13th payment was expressly forbidden in the T&C's of some regular savings accounts in recent history?

TIA
    I think it would be okay for the N&P account as this does not actually mature at the anniversay, it continues with a lower interest rate (1.85%)
    I would not risk an extra payment into West Brom, it will only get a few pence interest and is not worth the risk in my opinion.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dagobert wrote: »
    I can confirm that I managed to open the branch-based Kent Reliance One Year Regular Saver by post.

Rather confusingly, their web page states that the maximum balance is £7000. At £500 per month, a one-year saver can only get up to £6000. ??

Can I ask at what address of branch the form you sent to? thanks
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    Just to confirm that although all the info states branch only I have managed to open one by post.
    The downloadable application form is specific to the account and I returned it to a branch. Posted it on Saturday and received confirmation from them this morning, pretty quick turnaround.

Can I ask at what address of branch the form you sent to? Thanks
  • Nationwide Flexclusive Regular Saver will be available from tomorrow offering 6% fixed until 31 October 2013. The minumum payment per month is £25 and the maximum £250. Payments can be missed without penalty, and instant access is also available without penalty.

As with other accounts in the Flexclusive range, it's only available to those who hold a Flex Account, and have been paying in a minimum of £750 per month for the last three months (and continue to do this for the duration of the Flexclusive Regular Saver).
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Brilliant news, thanks lightbulb2760!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,105
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nationwide Flexclusive Regular Saver will be available from tomorrow offering 6% fixed until 31 October 2013. The minumum payment per month is £25 and the maximum £250. Payments can be missed without penalty, and instant access is also available without penalty.

As with other accounts in the Flexclusive range, it's only available to those who hold a Flex Account, and have been paying in a minimum of £750 per month for the last three months (and continue to do this for the duration of the Flexclusive Regular Saver).

Excellent news. Thanks for the heads up :)

Looks like Nationwide are indeed looking after their existing customers:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport