los pandos vineyard

Comments

• BillJones
    BillJones Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    People, before throwing good money after bad, please remember that it's a far from rare scam that the "lawyer" who'll offer to help with the case is aligned with the original fraudsters.

They'll take fees, tell you that they can recover your investment, need more fees, need to pay for "licenses", "searches", and so on and so forth, and this will keep going until you realise that you've been had. Again.
  • glamdring
    glamdring Posts: 50 Forumite
    thanks for that advice...it had crossed my mind
  • ayayay
    ayayay Posts: 97
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Reading penedawn's email is like watching a car crash in slow motion.
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jimalton wrote: »
    Also on the same trip was a couple who had invested previously and had got their money returned, and they were going to re-invest - hence it all looked quite good,

I have no specific information on this investment or company but is all a tried and tested way for dubious investments to get even more money - use funds from more recent investors to pay generous returns to the initial investors, so that they invest many times more.
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • jimalton
    jimalton Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hatch999 on 06-03-2014 says that Mr Montoro has clients for a class action, but in contacting Mr Montoro he says that his clients are invested in purchasing the land of Los Pandos, whereas my investment is in the vineyard itself; thus, he implies, my action cannot be joined with the others. Firstly, is it correct that some investors of Los Pandos have invested in the land, not the vineyard; secondly, is there anyone who is sure that they've invested in the vineyard only who'd be interested in contacting Mr Montoro. Note that my investment in the vineyard is supposed to be backed by the land of the vineyard and surrounds, so I hope there's no confusion here about the exact nature of the investment.
  • glamdring
    i am unsure about using a lawyer in spain...i feel I have already been robbed by people I cannot easily get hold of or visit on a regular basis
  • BillJones
    BillJones Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    glamdring wrote: »
    i am unsure about using a lawyer in spain...i feel I have already been robbed by people I cannot easily get hold of or visit on a regular basis

If it's a fraud, your money is likely gone, so a lawyer is going to be no use at all.

Fraudsters do not generally create a profitable investment vehicle then just keep it; they tend to take it, spend it, and move on.

You need to ask yourself, what do you hope to get from this, and how do you hope to get it.
  • glamdring
    the choice isnt whether to get legal advice or not... and I havnt said I am.. the choice is whether to try and do something or to just stick our heads in the sand and hope things are fine..if you dnt try...you never know
  • ruperts
    ruperts Posts: 3,673
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    BillJones wrote: »
    People, before throwing good money after bad, please remember that it's a far from rare scam that the "lawyer" who'll offer to help with the case is aligned with the original fraudsters.

They'll take fees, tell you that they can recover your investment, need more fees, need to pay for "licenses", "searches", and so on and so forth, and this will keep going until you realise that you've been had. Again.

I'm not involved in this, and I have no idea what's right and wrong in this situation, but just to add to this post, there is evidence online of a link between Mr Montoro and Martin & Clews going back fours:

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/2w6ok-want-invest-sum-37000-investment-opportunity.html

Maybe interesting that Montoro was apparently involved in 'assessing the credibility and drawing up contracts' of similar sounding investments back then.

Like I say I have no idea if that's normal, just passing on the info.
  • Hatch999 wrote: »
    Anyone wishing to join a group issuing proceedings against M&C to protect their investment should contact Jaime Montoro at BSA lawinspain asap.

[EMAIL="jaime@bsa-lawinspain.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]

The more that join the class action, the less the share of fees for all.

kind regards

David

According to another website (Ask the Expert) shown in the Los Pandos thread, Jaime Montoro could well be involved in the scam. I am raising Los Pandos with the Serious Fraud Office.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure