los pandos vineyard

Comments

• truth_be_told
    truth_be_told Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2015 at 8:27PM
    glamdring wrote: »
    and let me be clear on another factual point..if there are any sipp providers who are still using the los pandos development in their portfolios they will be breaking the regulators rules..i have checked with the four most reputable sipp providers in the uk who told me that they would not touch this with a bargepole...fact! its only dodgy sipp providers who are overweighted with ucis that have ever touched this....providers who have dismissed a requirement to perform due diligence
    There are quite a few SIPP trustees who have pulled out altogether from the non-standard investment market because of the capital adequacy rules imposed upon them by the FCA. There have been some dreadful, unregulated, alternative investment schemes that have been well documented in the media which have either been scams or have gone belly-up. It is also true that many SIPP companies who approved these dodgy products failed to conduct adequate research or due diligence on behalf of the consumer.

However, we must all recognise that some of the alternative investments were perfectly legitimate and that some SIPP trustees, including the one frequently referred to by other bloggers on this site, who did undertake very thorough research on behalf of its investors, including making a site visit and contact with the local politicians in Almansa.

The other SIPP providers who failed to undertake adequate due diligence into alternative investments have basically been told by the FCA (and quite correctly too in my opinion) that they cannot offer unregulated products at all. Those that still do (including the one I now use) have passed the very stringent terms and conditions for non-standard investments laid down by the FCA.

So once again it is the way in which Glamdring presents the information he has been given that i have taken issue with.
  • doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Would not go near this in 1000 years, even with my worst enemies money.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • racing_blue
    racing_blue Posts: 961 Forumite
    anyway, don't pandas eat bamboo - not grapes
  • I am not an investor, but i wonder if Mr Eduardo Brotons and Mr Michael Clews would be willing to meet their UK investors in Cheshire, to give reassurances in person?

http://www.companydirectorcheck.com/eduardo-martin-brotons

I cannot answer this question on behalf of Eduardo and Mike but I can only relate to your suggetion from my own experience in the matter.

I had known of the existence of M&C since 2006 because I used to pass by their marketing office which was based near where i regularly took holidays in Marbella. Being curious about the designs and drawings which were clearly visible from the pavement, I decided to go inside and find out more.

The sales director at the time, who sadly left the Company in 2011, was absolutely charming and gave up 2 hours of his time just to show me various presentations and plans for this exciting project. He wasn't after my money, but he was clearly very taken with the project and the prospects it offered to provide over 4000 local jobs in the Almansa region. During each and every visit to Marbella thereafter, I made a point of visiting M&C to find out how the planning consent for the project was progressing. I was always greeted very warmly and had the opportunity to talk to many of the sales and administration staff as well as the in-house lawyer.

It was several years after my initial visit that the first vineyard investment opportunity was available to private cash investors, but before considering this opportunity I decided it was essential to meet the technical division and see the site for myself in Alamansa in 2009.

I spent 48 hours in Altea and Almansa (where the plot is located) and was throughly impressed with the vision, professionalism and technical level of knowledge exhibited by Eduardo Martin who was in charge of this division. There were at least a dozen staff employed in the Altea office but i was also impressed by the outstanding credentials of their business partners which included Deloitte, Fundacion Metropoli and the University of Madrid.

Overall I understand the number of people involved with the technical design and planning sector, plus the legal and accountancy departments, is somewhere around 40. Quite impressive.

But the trip wouldn't have been complete if me and my travelling companions hadn't been given the opportunity to visit the plot itself, see the vineyards, taste the grapes from which the local wine is produced, watch the sheep and goats in the fields, and be treated to a wonderful home-cooked meal as guests of the farm managers at the farmhouse itself.

So, to finally answer your question, if you really want to get a flavour for the project you need to see and breathe it. Eduardo and Mike couldn't possibly bring their entire staff to Cheshire, nor could they carry the immense bound files containing the architects drawings, plan and consent forms provided by the local palnning authorities. To be truely reassured, you need to visit the Company office, meet the entire technical team and speak directly with the politicians themselves who are based in the town hall of Almansa.

It wasn't until I paid this first visit (i have since been back at least 6 times) that I was finally reassured that it was safe to invest my money.
  • truth_be_told
    truth_be_told Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2015 at 8:28PM
    glamdring wrote: »
    i can ssure you whether I am getting myself into a lather over my money is none of your god damned business! so let me be clear..i do not give a monkies about your position nor your feelings on this scam...you want to ignore key factors about my issues with this...i do not care...lemon skinny is correct....to save hundreds of investors forking out to fly to spain why dnt eduardo and mike fly to the uk and face up to the people they owe money to....eduardo you are reading these post..you told me..so get on a plane and fly to the uk..you have clearly got nothing to hide....you have told me that personally....or is it that you dare not come to the uk..or what poxy excuse are you going to use for not coming? you would think that bearing in mind as you owe so many people so much money you would do the right thing and explain to us all face to face...being the caring legitmate business men you are..

With your tone and attitude, no amount of hard and physical evidence would ever convince you. Your whole demeanour on this site has been one where you are not prepared to listen to anyone regardless of the true facts put in front of you.

Believe me, if you had to rely upon your wits in the heat of a battle you would lose as you would only possess half your armour!
  • Thanks for confirming what we all know by quoting Fundaci!n Metr!poli as associates of M&C. This foundation is one of the firms currently being investigated in the Urdangar!n corruption case, linked to Instituto Noos, having received millions of € presumably from influence peddling and bribery.

Thanks as well for confirming that you are Eduardo Mart!n by using the "deep pockets" tag. Un saludo.
  • TrustyOven
    TrustyOven Posts: 746
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm sure that Eduardo Martin has far more important things to being getting on than sitting at his pc responding to abuse that is being dished out on this site.

So if he's too busy to engage in online chat what makes you think he will be free to engage in chat if an investor visits him in Spain?
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • glamdring
    glamdring Posts: 50 Forumite
    "truth be known" you are becoming tedious and your remarks on this forum are like the contents of eduardos updates...full of long sentences but lacking in any real content..so lets give it one last try shall we and see if you can answer straight forward questions with straight forward answers:-

1)You seem intent on defending the sipp providers due diligence procedures for the los pandos investment. So please can you explain to me how they failed to recognise that the companies luring people into this tragedy were owned by Mr Terence Wright, a man with a history of fraudulant and criminal activity and actually barred by the regulator in performing any financial operations?

2)You seem intent on defending the integrity of the m&c so can you please explain to me why they would use Mr Terry Wright, a man with a history of fraudulant and criminal activity to lure people into this investment? A man barred in performing any financial operations

3)Can you explain to me what is more important to eduardo than facing up to investors who he owes thousands of pounds and explaining the situation?
    If you are unable to explain using straight forward answer then do not concern yourself because we all know who you are. You make out m&c is some global company..when its just a bunch of jokers with a few seedy offices and some dodgy marketing material..so please do yourself a favour...stop wasting your time and keep some integrity if you indeed have any. You really must think that the people using this forum are imbeciles
  • TrustyOven wrote: »
    So if he's too busy to engage in online chat what makes you think he will be free to engage in chat if an investor visits him in Spain?
    If someone were to visit him in Spain, face to face, it is a very different situation to hiding anonymously behind this forum.

They would have the opportunity to review the supporting documentation, meet the staff and tour the plot. This is a far more productive use of time than spending hours responding to comments on this site where it is entirely evident that certian parties would refuse to believe whatever they were being told. Under these circumstances, would you waste your time??

And as for organising an event to meet investors in Cheshire, could you imagine how the likes of Glamdring and his band of cohorts would take advantage of the opportunity and no doubt arrange for organised hecklers to attend with the sole objective of disrupting the meeting.
  • glamdring
    glamdring Posts: 50 Forumite
    Heckle? I dnt heckle....you just dnt want to face people nor the questions they have to ask...you have an excuse for everything..in fact you are one big excuse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure