Can you claim account charges???

Hi Guys,

Basically I've been getting charged £17 a month for my account. My account is with Lloyds TSB. Was under the impression that the charge was due to me being in my overdraft, which at time limit was £1200. Only noticed this when I was checking old bank charges because thinking of reclaiming them back.

Now I've realised that its nothing to do with my overdraft as I've paid over half it back. Googling online about it and I found out that the service with account charge is to do with AA road service which I've never used and didn't even know I had, I don't drive and never had car!

I've been looking back at old statements online and I've been paying this for a while. Originally £10 a month then sometime 2007 went up to £15 and then later in 2008 £17. Can never remember receiving any letters notifying me of any changes.

Now I know partly this is my own fault for never managing my account properly or really checking it.

So was wondering if I could reclaim any money back? Be honest doubt i can but was wondering if worth giving it a try. Also wondering how easy will it be to stop this account charge?

If anyone can help then be appreciated?

John.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family