Suing ViaGoGo, watch this space...!

Comments

• Zadzad
    Zadzad Posts: 14 Forumite
    Can I use your letter, asked 5 times for a service address, found the secret VGL limited one.
  • Hey Katherine, any luck with getting what you deserved from this scamming, sham of a company Viaogogo?
  • Hi,

We also bought tickets from viagogo for a kevin bridges show which will be on November this year. We ended up paying £364 for two tickets which had been put in our basket at a price of showing 62.00 each on the website. We didnt know until after entering the card details and confirming how much they had charged us for the tickets. We contacted our credit card company it wasn't until Viagogo responded to our claim that they showed us the break down of charges. Sadly our credit card company has advised we do not have enough evidence to proceed with the claim. I was advised by a friend that you can send a letter to ticket companies advising that you have spoken to the venue and that they will make the tickets void as they have been touted and therefore viagogo has to legally provide you with a refund. We do not have any seat numbers and haven't recieved our tickets yet as we have booked in advance as we believed the show was almost sold out, as that is what it was saying on viagogo when we booked. I just wondered if anyone had an example letter we could send so we know how to word it or if anyone has tried this method of recieving a refund and if you could explain the process to me. Kind regards, G Pickering
  • I have just fallen foul of a similar situation for Paul Weller tickets for a showing at Genting cancelled due to the snow recently. The evnt has been reschediuled to a date when I cannot go. Viaggo are saying that the event was 'postponed' and therefore no refuns due, but invite me to resell my tickets via their site if I cannot go (and presumably they would make a second lot of fees off that). I have pointed out to their customer services email address that the event was 'cancelled' according to the venue and artist etc on the day and I have copies of the social media announcements to that effect. No one other than Viagogo is saying it was 'postponed'. I'm not sure if the semantics do make a difference legally, but Viagogo seem to pains to use the word postponed. All the above points are useful, so I will check out the FB victims page and hunt down VGL, plus also talk to my bank about Credit Card payment and any protections that gives. Ideally I will of course find some friends who can have the tickets instead, but one thing for sure, I will never book tickets this way again! It is a scam with the fees tha they add on. It turned out I was paying double the face value and I feel mugged.
  • I bought tickets for a sports event two weeks in advance. Two days before event, still no tickets. I called them and spoke to someone with poor English and very robotic answers to my questions. One day before event still no tickets. I emailed and called and was fobbed off. They told me the tickets were being supplied by a secondary ticketing website and I had to contact them. The whole process was painful!!! I got a link to download tickets two hours before the event which made it impossible to attend. Waste of time and money.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Been watching this space for nearly a year with no updates. How did you get on?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Been watching this space for nearly a year with no updates. How did you get on?

I would assume the silence means not very well.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    I really hope you were able to sue these !!!!ers into oblivion. I just tried to purchase some tickets and while the price was unreasonably high, sometimes you just have to swallow it. Then I got to the final page and wow..... that is something else isn't it?

Timers, warnings about other buyers about to snap those tickets out of your hands, a very high pressure situation, and a final total that is !!!!ing obscured by all the nonsense on the left hand part of the screen.

Luckily I spotted it just in time (I was at Stage 3 which is entering your delivery address).

How is it, that in a supposedly modern 1st world country, you can get arrested for saying something a bit naughty in a tweet, but can legally operate a company that defrauds thousands of pounds off innocent people? Ah well. Britain, protecting the rich. Always have. Always will.
  • VIAGOGO really2 website scam i lost $1805 SGD i sell the ticket but they not paying me,
  • Xxc
    Xxc Posts: 4 Newbie
    I just can't believe Google have Viagogo listed on top of there searches. Yep I'm another mug out of pocket by £200, I fell thru every hole as well, but we'll annoyed that I phoned uk phone after asking if I was callinjg within uk, he said he cannot give that info out. CALL COST ME £20.
    COME ON NOW..VIAGOGO IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure