Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day for me plan wise. Did 9168 steps and 29 active minutes. With a planned day out tomorrow, I will definitely be half way to my silver body magic by next weigh in.

Today will be a harder day to stick on plan, and a harder one to reach my step target, but I will try.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - Frittata
    Dinner - prawn stir fry
    Snacks - fruit, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - some in stir fry

BM - 7000 steps

Thats very carb heavy. And doesnt have much in the way of protein/fat.

I would strongly advise reducing yogurts and cereal bars. From a nutritional point of view he same number of Kcals from nuts would be way better.

Why on earth is stir fry a "syn"?
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

I would strongly advise reducing yogurts and cereal bars. From a nutritional point of view he same number of Kcals from nuts would be way better.

Carb heavy? Only carbs are the cereal bars, and noodles.
    Protein in the frittata and the stir fry.
    Yogurts and cereal bars definitely better from my than nuts, and fine as part of my healthy diet.
    Syns in the stir fry are in the chilli sauce.

This is a Slimming World thread, and my food todaybfits perfectly within the plan.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha wrote: »
    Carb heavy? Only carbs are the cereal bars, and noodles.
    Protein in the frittata and the stir fry.
    Yogurts and cereal bars definitely better from my than nuts, and fine as part of my healthy diet.
    Syns in the stir fry are in the chilli sauce.

This is a Slimming World thread, and my food todaybfits perfectly within the plan.

What is fruit and yogurt then? last time I checked they were carbs.

Cereal bars and yogurts are basically just processed sugars.

Nuts are a great source of your essential nutrients such as B vitamins and minerals, without any sugar.

What exactly is bad about chilli sauce?

I appreciate you might be promoting a set plan, I am just wondering why its so full of processed sugar when the goal is weight loss. If I were cynical I might suggest it were to try and edge people towards buying certain products ;)
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Thanks guys.

Have had another good day so far. Was so much food left over from yesterday but haven't touched a single bit! I was literally giving the scones away at the end of the day to all the parents so I had none left to tempt me!

Am going out now to a friend's house. She invited me for dinner and drinks but I made the decision to eat dinner before I go so I can stick to plan and I'm driving so will just be on soft drinks.

Had mushy pea curry for dinner tonight with rice. Plenty of speed in the curry and lots of extra mushrooms for more speed.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 July 2017 at 7:38PM

Nuts are a great source of your essential nutrients such as B vitamins and minerals, without any sugar.

I appreciate you might be promoting a set plan, I am just wondering why its so full of processed sugar when the goal is weight loss. If I were cynical I might suggest it were to try and edge people towards buying certain products ;)
    I dont buy any set products, i also low carb but go SW and from my sig you can see im doing very well:p
    There is nothing wrong with Kathrynha's menu as per SW and she is losing weight
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Well, DH took me out for my dinner to a lovely restaurant I had rump steak about 15 chips garden peas and tomatoes. I didn't have onion rings cause I don't like onions. we decided to push the boat out and have a dessert !!! :D:D
    Apple crumble and cream or custard. Guess what ? They only brought one so being a good girl I let hubby have it and I had a latte.:A :A

So now. My Saturday's menu will be...

Breakfast.. overnight oats B. Mixed berries.

Lunch. Veg soup, roll , Apple

Dinner.. burger, salad beetroot pickled cauli clementine x 2

Extra. Crispbread /butter 5 syns. S F digestive biscuit 3 syns
    8 syns.:) :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Well, DH took me out for my dinner to a lovely restaurant I had rump steak about 15 chips garden peas and tomatoes. I didn't have onion rings cause I don't like onions. we decided to push the boat out and have a dessert !!! :D:D
    Apple crumble and cream or custard. Guess what ? They only brought one so being a good girl I let hubby have it and I had a latte.:A :A

So now. My Saturday's menu will be...

Breakfast.. overnight oats B. Mixed berries.

Lunch. Veg soup, roll , Apple

Dinner.. burger, salad beetroot pickled cauli clementine x 2

Extra. Crispbread /butter 5 syns. S F digestive biscuit 3 syns
    8 syns.:) :)
    Hope you enjoyed it?
    I havent posted my menu yet
    HEXA Milk
    HEXB 2 small slice wholemeal

Breakfast
    2 boiled eggs, melon

Lunch
    Ham Salad sarnie (hexb) cucumber and toms on the side

Tea
    SW KFC with speed salad

Strawberries and chopped fruit with Muller ff yog
    Drinks
    Water , NAS lime squash and tea
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

There's nothing wrong with carbs.
    The yogurt I have has no processed sugar.
    Nuts would kill me.
    I never said chilli sauce was bad, but it does have syns that need to be counted.
    I'm not promoting any set plan, this is just a thread for people following Slimming World to support each other, and my diet hasn't got too many processed sugars.
    Where exactly have I tried to edge people towards buying certain products? I have mentioned no brands, and am just a sw member.
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite

My mum always said if you cannot say something nice, then don't say anything.

I do love nuts but OH tells me I bite too hard so I am no longer allowed to taste them again........(I'm sorry but there needed to be a nut joke)

Yes fat is good under certain circumstances for certain people, usually fit and healthy people, this is a SW thread which avoids fat and can be high in carbs.... but it works as bubbs says :o
    bubbs wrote: »
    I dont buy any set products, i also low carb but go SW and from my sig you can see im doing very well:p
    There is nothing wrong with Kathrynha's menu as per SW and she is losing weight

It is a SW thread!

:T:T:T:T:T:T

bubbs wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed it?
    I havent posted my menu yet
    HEXA Milk
    HEXB 2 small slice wholemeal

Breakfast
    2 boiled eggs, melon

Lunch
    Ham Salad sarnie (hexb) cucumber and toms on the side

Tea
    SW KFC with speed salad

Strawberries and chopped fruit with Muller ff yog
    Drinks
    Water , NAS lime squash and tea

I have my first weekend since Xmas when I have not been manic with work.... I intend reading some SW literature.

I have never ate so much and so many vegetables in my life, and much more protein then I would ever have eaten...
    Today's meals

Breakfast - whole cucumber, 2 tomato and a carrot.

Lunch - salad with cottage cheese

Tea - omelette and beans

snack apple and a boiled egg.

I had a banana and another apple in my bag but saved some famished people in a rather strange meeting...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

TGIF is all I can say about this week!!!

+2lbs for me this week - stress eating :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport