ebay quiet

Options
COOLTRIKERCHICK
COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Is it just me or is what quiet for other people too??

For about 2 weeks now..

I normally get quieter close to the end of the month, and then I get I get loads of sales .once people have had their wages.

I know kids have been on holidays and we are in a run of bank holidays.

So do you find it picks up in June? Then quiet for summer holidays??

My only income now is from eBay. So trying to work out the quiet times lol..
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's really changed for me, my selling patterns are all over the place.

However, I still think it is the odd search that is doing it, ebay have all but admitted now that search is manipulated to give preference to certain sellers, and it will only get worse come summer when we lose visibility even more if we don't offer return postage on change of mind returns.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have noticed when you enter a product n the search bar. It's the big sellers or the outlet shops that come up ,unless it's a niche product..

I have noticed i can sell a few of the same item over a few hours/days, then nothing, ziltch..For ages, and then i get another little run on the product.

I just can't fathom out which product to try and sell perminantly as a bread and butter product, and hen the ad-hoc products i can pick up at a good price and take a gamble on..
  • soolin
    Options
    I have noticed when you enter a product n the search bar. It's the big sellers or the outlet shops that come up ,unless it's a niche product..

I have noticed i can sell a few of the same item over a few hours/days, then nothing, ziltch..For ages, and then i get another little run on the product.

I just can't fathom out which product to try and sell perminantly as a bread and butter product, and hen the ad-hoc products i can pick up at a good price and take a gamble on..

I have noticed a few strange patterns and have often mentioned them on here wearing my tin foil hat (I do love a good conspiracy theory). However it does seem odd that I have a MVL listed that might not sell at all for 2 months then within the space of 2 hours I sell 3 from that listing to completely different buyers, then nothing again for 2 months. Or, I sell something in a niche category, then within the same day sell a number of other items from that same category- but absolutely nothing else. Or the one that I think is really strange, I sell something to a specific region, say a Scottish island, and for a whole day virtually everything I send also goes to a Scottish Island.

I am actually thinking of giving up my TRS discount so I can go back to a 2 day dispatch as the discount is so low and I don't think the TRS flag helps at all in search.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • goodfella66
    goodfella66 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think TRS has any impact on search at all. I can search for something and a TRS seller may be at the bottom of the search.

Using best match, I can search for something on my PC, and then search for the same thing using the phone app and the order of sellers is different.

In terms of being quiet, middle of the week has been terrible but today seems a lot busier. On bad days I notice that sales in the day are steady but in the evening it goes dead as if the tap has been switched off.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 May 2017 at 5:28PM
    Options
    Same here Soolin. What you discribed is exactly what is happening to me..

I have gone from selling 10-15 items per day on average down to 3-4 if I am extremely lucky.

Even my niche items that plod out so to speak have stopped..

I really hope it picks up

As it's not worth me listing these items on Amazon .due to their fees.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I have noticed a few strange patterns and have often mentioned them on here wearing my tin foil hat (I do love a good conspiracy theory). However it does seem odd that I have a MVL listed that might not sell at all for 2 months then within the space of 2 hours I sell 3 from that listing to completely different buyers, then nothing again for 2 months. Or, I sell something in a niche category, then within the same day sell a number of other items from that same category- but absolutely nothing else. Or the one that I think is really strange, I sell something to a specific region, say a Scottish island, and for a whole day virtually everything I send also goes to a Scottish Island.

I don't have many sales (private account) but like post above anything I do sell seems to come in batches and from same area of the country.
    Makes me wonder if ebay turns listings off in areas while showing in other areas of the country.
  • soolin
    Options
    As an example of a strange pattern of sales, I sold 17 things on Tuesday and 13 things on Wednesday on my business account and only 2 yesterday, those two things were both bought before 11am so it's now been 21 hours since my last sale. Some of the things I listed yesterday afternoon onwards have no views at all and most have 3 or less. It's as though I went invisible before lunch yesterday so I just hope they turn it back on again today ready for the weekend.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sales not brilliant so thought I would list some items on auction (something I never do on that account). Since last night they have all had either 1 view or 0 and it's competitively priced so would expect some interest :o
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Soolin. I get time batch sales too. I put this down to people ordering when they get up etc..
    I really do need my sales to pick back up..
  • soolin
    Options
    I've had 3 small sales this morning all within a very short time frame . I'm hoping it picks up again soon as I've just laid out a great deal of money on stock .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure