PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• Just lit my open fire , so cosy now . it has been quite mild out today here , ive been jet washing the patio and all garden paths , the sun even came out.....:)
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Off again today. Not planning to have it on.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Still off :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Off through the day but on for an hour this evening to finish off the heavy sweaters which had been on the line.
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just on for an hour 6pm to 7pm to take the chill off
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • Hardly on as we just don't need it. It has been on for just few mins 1st thing some mornings (not for my benefit I might add) and for baths in the eve. Our dehumidifier is on a lot though and that warms the place up well as well as removing damp air which makes the place feel colder. We make use of throws/blankets/cats on laps in the eve too.
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    I for one cannot feel too sorry for them Chickens ;)

I am so glad the weather is mild, cheaper for consumers, greener and s*d the energy companies :p
  • keicar
    keicar Posts: 76 Forumite
    Modest modern semi, central heating still off.

Running a 1kw electric fire in the lounge for two periods of an hour in the evening which at 12p a kw/h is costing us £1.68 extra a week, it takes the temp up to a cozy 21deg.

Of course it has been pretty mild with daytime temperatures here still reaching double figures, once they fall below double figures it will be time for the CH, but at the mo really not felt the need to put it on.

I look at it that the more I can save whist the weather is reasonably mild, the less the shock will be should what the USA is experiencing should hit the UK.
  • Ive lit the fire , got some lovely yankee candles on the burn , dawg asleep in front of fire, had lamb shank and veg for tea by the fire , it dont get no better than this ........
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Haven't run my heating since 2008 due to lack of money! Only comes on when my ancient Mum comes to visit. However, I live in a 1890s mid-terrace house with walls 18-20+" thick and with very good insulation on the loft (a benefit I got when on JSA).
    I get a lot of heat seep from my neighbours. And I have a lot of thick sweaters and a hottie, for the really cold evenings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback