New cars with free insurance

Hi,

I have just passed my test and I'm now looking to buy my first car. I have been advised that I should buy an old car as I will probably get a few bumps and dents. However, I am interested by the possibility of buying a new car, something small, that has free insurance for at least a year. I am 26.

Please can anyone advise if they know of any deals that are currently available with free insurance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DerryBoy wrote: »
    I have just passed my test and I'm now looking to buy my first car. I have been advised that I should buy an old car as I will probably get a few bumps and dents. However, I am interested by the possibility of buying a new car, something small, that has free insurance for at least a year. I am 26.

Please can anyone advise if they know of any deals that are currently available with free insurance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

As you're over 21, getting free insurance with a new vehicle shouldn't be a problem. Just check the costs carefully, as after the first year, you will be paying the insurance premium. If you're stuck in some kind of finance agreement, that you can't exit without penalty and you find insurance is high, it may be a false economy.

Apart from Volvo which ended March, I haven't seen any deals for free insurance. What car/kind of vehicle were you looking at?
  • maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Hi - try www.youngmarmalade.co.uk.The insurance is free at your age and you have a choice of new or nearly new cars.

I have no personal experience of the company but it has been favourably reviewed in the press several times.
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    also ensure that you can get proof of your no claims after the year is up transferred to another policy.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    you need to balance it up really the cost of an older car + paying for your insurance or buying a new car (prolly with the price slightly inflated) and getting free insurance
  • I am ideally looking for a Renault Clio, Peugeot 206 or Ford Fiesta
  • gsmmad
    gsmmad Posts: 416 Forumite
    ur better off getting a golf mk5 1.4 S ...cheap on insurance and is a decent car and also the price goes down slowly
  • I know that Vauxhall are currently running an offer on selected models, hope this helps..x

Search on google cars with free insurance, it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user.
  • Many insurers don't offer specific student or young driver car insurance, but may take into consideration your age and current occupation to gauge the correct student car insurance premiums for your situation. This is why as a young driver car insurance policies should be compared and shopped around for, to ensure you get the most suitable policy for you! Cheap car insrance does not always mean the right car insurance.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spam reported
  • byb3
    byb3 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Just a warning, the Vauxhall free insurance deal requires you to have held a licence for at least a year.

That'll exclude people passing their test then going straight out to buy a new car!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure