Obtaining your credit report?

Has anyone used noddle to obtain a free credit report (provide by call credit)? Are there any downsides to getting credit report this way or anything to be aware of, or is it really a free credit report with no strings attached?

Comments

• I've been thinking about getting this report too and would be interested in what others think

Ellie xx
  • I did it last night. It worked great and shows you a fixed picture of your credit report. I think it updates once a month.

I gives you a rating out of 5, 5 being the lowest risk to lenders. I was a 4, having no defaults/CCJS etc.

It is definitely worth doing if you are unsure.
    Debtfree!

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Have used it since they put the service out for trial a couple of years ago.

It had teething troubles, but now seems to work just fine.

Obviously it is only updated once per month at most, so not suitable if you want to monitor info more frequently than that. But most people don't ever need more unless you are disputing information on your report and have pending credit applications etc.

It is also obviously a source of lead generation via the matched products, vouchers etc. But then no-one is twisting your arm on any of those, and the report is provided free regardless.

The Callcredit data is also the least used CRA dataset, so again not the most useful of the 3 reports you could have. Saying that, CC/noddle has always showed all the account of mine that it should, so even that varies.

All in all it is very useful for free, as long as you bear in mind that for some purposes you may still need to get the normal statutory reports from all 3 CRAs.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Just tried noddle!

I am a 3 out of 5!

All my cards show as upto date and no issues except for one.

In February there was one credit card a few days late as they had not updated my address details the statements were going to my old address. I didn't realise how much balance was on the card so couldn't change the payment amount to the right amount for that month and I believe if I remember rightly it may have been a few pounds short. I don't suppose there is anything I can do about that now though.

One of the bank accounts that has been demanding repayment from me of an overdraft is not listed there. I made them an offer last week for full and final settlement at a lower amount than the full balance. I am wondering if it means that they have accepted that or sold the alleged debt on?

I now am in two minds whether I go the IVA route or not. Just a little bit of easing will help, e.g. getting rid of that one overdraft and maybe shifting one of my cards to a zero percent rate for a couple of years. Otherwise I may have to unfortunately go via the IVA given my income seems to be less than what my outgoing is.

Will have to think this through some more.
  • I tried it, and all the information it had about the accounts that I currently have open, but it only has one default on file for me, while Credit Expert shows two (the one Noddle doesn't know about is very old, and will drop off my CE report in a few months). Even with just that one default, I'm rated 1/5! I am on the electoral roll, I have a bank account with no overdraft (have had the account several years), and have a mobile contract that is being reported as paid every month.

I recently got accepted for a Vanquis card which is being used and paid in full each month, but Vanquis haven't reported it yet. I'm hoping after a few months of good usage I'll get upgraded to a 2 :)

If you haven't seen your report in a long time, I think it's worth getting reports from all the major agencies to make sure everything is as it should be. I do like Noddle though, and I'll be checking it every month or so to see how long it takes for my report to look semi-respectable again.
    £2013 in 2013 Member |
  • I pay £3.49 a month for unlimited access to my Equifax file online, that coupled with Noddle covers (and should cover) all your accounts.

I get the impression that most lenders report to Call Credit even though they don't normally search Call Credit. In fact ALL my accounts are on Noddle including a Loan which doesn't appear on eith Experian or Equifax.
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure