From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and another update from Hazel :)
    Feel free to copy any updates onto Chloe's thread - I had no idea she had so many fans! :D

Pretty much as soon as I sent you the email and shut my laptop down last night Chloe jumped off sofa, ate some wet food and then used her litter tray to do The. Longest. Pee. Ever! She looked very pleased with herself afterwards and was purring and meowing and head-butting like mad! Then around half an hr later she went back in to do some poos so looks like everything is ok litter tray wise now :D

When Patrick came home she went under the sofa when she heard the front gate squeaking. But once he was in I called her name and she came out straight away meowing and walked up to me for cuddles and then over to Patrick and rubbed against his legs then sat on his feet. I left them to it (had to check the rice for patricks dinner wasn't boiling over!) and I could hear Patrick saying Awwww......AWWWWW....awwww hahaha!". No idea what she was doing but safe to say he is totally smitten now and she has him completely wrapped around her little paw :D

She seems totally at home now. She was sniffing around the lounge door last night so i opened it up (leads into hallway which opens up into dining room) and she looked totally shocked that there was more house to explore! She explored briefly but only if i walked with her and she kept stopping to look up at me and meow. She didnt seem scared or anything though she does seem to prefer the lounge at the moment. Probably all still a bit new and a lot for her to take in at the moment. She is very vocal too. Either purring all the time or making little squeaking meow sounds as she runs towards you when you call her name.

When i left her last night she was curled up on the sofa a few inches from Patrick just chilling out. She is definitely relishing all the attention - its funny you said about her being a princess - I found myself calling her Princess Chloe a few times yesterday afternoon! :D

I will try to get some piccies today to send to you. Take care x
    :j:rotfl::j:rotfl:
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Awwww Gettingready, that's fantastic news and so pleased that Chloe's settling in so well to her new home.

Chloe has landed right on her dainty little paws :D and it sounds like sh'e got her new humans' training well underway;).

I hope it helps a bit as I know how hard it is to let them go and know how much you'll be missing her (((hugs))) again.

You have not failed her - you've done the most unselfish thing possible by letting her go to new humans who are going to love her and spoil her rotten and where she really can be "Princess Chloe"!:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • paddypaws101
    paddypaws101 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cried when you told me Chloe had been rehomed ( mainly for you as I know how much you love her GR ) and now I cried again because she really has found a purrfect home where she is going to be spoilt rotten and adored every moment of her life, just as all our kitties deserve!
    Her new owner sounds as if she might just be crazy enough to sign up to an internet forum and share regular intimate details of her cat's life with a few hundred ( thousand?? ) carefully chosen buddies.
    Result.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RFTA - thanks a lot... I gave Hazel a link to this thread to get some background info on Chloe so perhaps one day she wil post herself ;)

I am really happy that Chloe got her own 2 humans who really appreciate her headbutting and treat her like a princess that she is...

And I am left with 3 boys who just eat, use litter tray and ignore me most of the time... LOL
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Paddypaws - thanks for that. They seem like an absolute perfect match for each other and I am so happy now....

MIssing Chloe on the bed but it is for the best as she was UNDER the bed when I was not in the room and now she has got the whole flat to explore and no big bad dogs lurking behind any doors and trying to lick her to death.... sigh.....
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JUst found that georgeous photo of Chloe who is now a proper princess with her 2 new human slaves... :)

20111013_2127.jpg
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    RFTA - thanks a lot... I gave Hazel a link to this thread to get some background info on Chloe so perhaps one day she wil post herself ;)

I am really happy that Chloe got her own 2 humans who really appreciate her headbutting and treat her like a princess that she is...

And I am left with 3 boys who just eat, use litter tray and ignore me most of the time... LOL

*Someone* has a Mummy cat with lots of kittens, I hear.

Bet I know where at least one is going. :)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 October 2011 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Oh God no.. no way...... (writes it on her own forehead)

But I know Zara would love one... (slaps herself on that said forehead)

Voice of reason - Fred would probably kill a NEW cat.....

If I knew for sure that Lucy would be ok with Zara - then perhaps.. BUT do not want to go through what I went with Chloe so.. nope, sadly nope :(

And Lucy is such a sweetie.. she is Chloe's kind of character, proper GIRL cat ....

Not like my useless boys - nicking ham and drumsticks (Fred), staying out all day (Teddy and George - when George not on cage rest) and expecting me to feed them/clean their crap..... ;)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just got another email from Hazel with some photos of Chloe :)
    Hi Anna, a couple of pics of Chloe which i managed to get in between head butts! She is settling in absolutely fine, we share afternoon naps together once i finish my shift and she sits curled up next to patrick in the evenings watching tv, occassionally climbing on top of him and blocking his view if she thinks he isn't giving her enough attention! I must say she has him very well trained already - something which has taken me 4 yrs to do!

Hope you like the pics, they are a little dark as my phone camera doesnt have a flash but hopefully you get the general idea! :D

20111020_2159.jpg

20111020_2160.jpg

20111020_2161.jpg
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Awwwww, I'm now in tears so can only imagine how you must be feeling so .... another (((hug))).

It's really wonderful that she's settling in so well - she looks so ...... contented:)

What wonderful people you've found for her, hope it helps a bit as I know how much you miss her.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure