Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    MKS wrote: »
    You've been talking to Dotty!!:rotfl::rotfl: Will have to have words with him.
    Sitting in the lounge now, waiting for flight and enjoying the facilities. ;):beer:

I wished I had been talking to Dotty!

Have a great holiday xxx
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    I asked someone in a suit and they didnt have a clue!:rotfl:

People in suits in Tesco haven't a clue :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Anyway, on a happier note, really proud of my DD and her boyfriend. They are moving to Yorkshire on Thursday and they both already have jobs :D:D

They are living with his mum for a while to let them save, they will save for a couple of years to get a deposit together then buy a house. Down here they would not stand a chance, even if they were living cheaply with us it they would need at least £30 grand to get a deposit, and that is the bare minimum.

Well done to them in getting on with it, to make themselves a better future :T
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I asked someone in a suit and they didnt have a clue!:rotfl:
    Did they check the app on their phone?
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • 3Dogs
    MKS wrote: »
    You've been talking to Dotty!!:rotfl::rotfl: Will have to have words with him.
    Sitting in the lounge now, waiting for flight and enjoying the facilities. ;):beer:

Oh fab, hope you have a great time MKS. This time next week, I'll be on holibobs too :j
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Anyway, on a happier note, really proud of my DD and her boyfriend. They are moving to Yorkshire on Thursday and they both already have jobs :D:D

They are living with his mum for a while to let them save, they will save for a couple of years to get a deposit together then buy a house. Down here they would not stand a chance, even if they were living cheaply with us it they would need at least £30 grand to get a deposit, and that is the bare minimum.

Good luck to them, funnily enough have just been looking at houses in Yorkshire:o would love to live there:)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • 3Dogs
    Oh, by the way, is the wine offer on tomorrow please as just told my Big Sis about it as BiL loves his red wine :beer: I seem to remember someone saying 10th and 11th
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    DS arrived home last night for a couple of days:T:T He's been hard at work sorting out all our technical issues. Downloaded this app for me ........Vivino and I'm loving it.

You take a photo of the label or input the name of your wine and you get a score out of 5. Here is the score of the Hardys I bought earlier.

DS reckons that there's not many above the 4 mark and he's right. We only have one in the house and it's the boxed Coop Moet champagne we got a few years back. It came out at 4.1.

Interested to see if anyone has anything higher:)

C972AA0F-A47B-4CE6-8194-CCE9C86C2255_zpsrinnvtxo.png
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    3Dogs wrote: »
    People in suits in Tesco haven't a clue :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done to them in getting on with it, to make themselves a better future :T
    Exactly they didnt!
    juju17 wrote: »
    Did they check the app on their phone?

No, i even showed them on my phone, oh never seen that before! was there response , they then went and asked an official looking lady , also in a suit she didnt know either:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Evening

Room for a little one :)

Starting from here, hope everyone is well X for those that are not I hope things improve soon X

Thanks to bubbs for keeping me updated and letting you all know about the wine, it was my brother that told me about the wine and apparently got a very nice box so hope others did also x

I got a case thanks ILTS and it was great value 1 x £18 bottle and lots of £10's
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Exactly they didnt!

No, i even showed them on my phone, oh never seen that before! was there response , they then went and asked an official looking lady , also in a suit she didnt know either:(
    Thats really poor!.....Every member of staff I have approached has had the app on their phone...I couldnt find the brookside chocolates the other week, as they were no longer in the world food aisle....I asked a member of staff and he checked the app, and said, 'oh they have moved them to the end of aisle number blah blah...took me there, and there were the chocolates.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure