PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter II

1802803804805806808»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    And we have torrential rain here

So washing and painting and everything on the back boiler and away to the garden centre
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Justamum wrote: »
    I wonder who was the first person to look at a snail slithering along leaving a slimy trail and think to themselves "yummy"? :rotfl:

if my knowledge of history serves me right it would have been starving peasants during the time of the french revolution... they also ate rats and i believe that may be when they started eating frogs too

i personally love escargot cooked in garlic butter with capers, however those snails are purged for about 12 days on a diet of only lettuce to clean out the ook, frogs legs were so so, bit salty but that could have been the batter i can take those or leave them

rats, i've not tried, besides i've had pet (domesticated) rats and i can't see there being much eating on one anyway :rotfl:(no i wouldn't eat one! ;))
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Confuzzled wrote: »
    i personally love escargot cooked in garlic butter with capers, however those snails are purged for about 12 days on a diet of only lettuce to clean out the ook, frogs legs were so so, bit salty but that could have been the batter i can take those or leave them

Urgh I just feel so sick reading that. I just couldn't abide to even have it on the plate in front of me never mind eating them :( each to their own Confuzzled you have a much stronger stomach than I :D

Very hot here today, just got the towels and the throws in from the washing line, they have dried beautifully. I shall miss this excellent drying weather, it saves so much time both in costs and having it hanging around the house on airers. Nothing done for winter prep for me today it's been too hot, so I shall have a look next week when the weather finally breaks :D
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Rising

Could you use an umbrella with a curved handle to "hook" the items in the loft and pull them closer to you?

Just ordered three hot water bottles with free postage - thanks to Ladydee.:T

Fished halogen heater out of wardrobe ready for use later and hid away spare toiletries, toothbrushes etc. New oven and gas hob arrives next week and new fridge freezer for kitchen and curtains with thermal linings for front door and dining room are being altered to size.

Seems strange to be ordering hot water bottles while temp here is at nearly 24 degrees and wearing a summer dress but might as well stock up while things are a decent price.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2011 at 1:51PM
    Hi everyone,

Another winter is almost upon us, (although it doesn't really feel like it in the weather we are enjoying at the moment) and this thread has become very long. So it's time for a new thread and I will close this one in a moment.

Please keep on posting your inspirational ideas for keeping warm and safe this winter. You can find the new thread here:

Preparing for winter III

Good luck to everyone with your preparations.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport