Insert witty title here

Comments

• Olliegami
    Olliegami Posts: 414 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Finally been forcing myself to use Clixsense some more.

It would actually pay pretty well if I used to every day. Today I've made £0.91

It's a start! If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me. There's a link all about the website on the Forum, but my referral link to have a look for yourself is: http://www.clixsense.com/?6415202
  • Olliegami
    Tomorrow, I am getting back on the wagon. Well and truly.

This weekend has been a bit of a bust. Aside from having a really good shop thanks to my Mum; and making up about 17 boxes of food for frozen meals at work, AND getting up a load of gravel and mud from the back garden...

I've spent money on TWO take out meals this weekend, and splashed some cash on two bingo sites. :(

Mostly, I think it's because it's payday tomorrow; so some part of my brain seems to think that I can spend more money.

I did make £180 selling my iPad, and earnt a $25 paypal voucher on GiftHulk, so maybe it's not all that bad?
  • Olliegami
    Morning all!

Payday today! Was very satisfying to see it there for all of five minutes before it went elsewhere. =P

I won a GiftHulk 'Fountain of Youth' code today. It's good for use by 3 other people. First three are the lucky ones. =P

961e3msnr
  • Olliegami
    I seriously need to find an alternative to hanging out in Starbucks, stealing their internet and watching the people pass by...
  • Olliegami
    This week has been one of the most challenging in my LIFE, I am about 100% sure.

I found out that I'm going to be made redundant, which absolutely sucks because I love my job.

It's taken a few days to really get my head around losing my job, and now I'm trying to think about the bigger picture - the world is my oyster and all that stuff.

I'm tempted to travel, I've loved it in the past - but that's the reason I have the debt in the first place. Unfortunately due to my age the statutory payout for redundancy is only around £2,000.

So, I probably am looking for any advice anyone wants to offer - and in the mean time I'm trying not to spend ANY money, (Laughable) and think of ways to increase my income and decrease my outgoings!
  • Olliegami
    Also, I have a few Fountain of Youth codes that other people can use on GiftHulk. Go get 'em.

31dni9xiz

c4tn2momn

ix5u0fwqb

d32h34bpn
  • Olliegami
    So very very much has happened over the last few days - and the decision I have made is not terribly DFW at all!

After a lot of depression and dealing with it, I've decided that with the redundancy money I'm going to get - I plan to go travelling, in the most DFW way I can. (Which probably isn't saying much)

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I think... and I don't want to let it slip by me.
  • Olliegami
    Wow, so it really has been a while.

I did what I said I would - and right now I'm replying from New South Wales, Australia.

It's been pretty interesting to look back at this, and smile and think about how anxious I was about the decision I made, but I'm glad I did this. Things are still pretty tricky.

I left the UK on the 3rd of October 2014, and have been to Washington State, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Melbourne, Brisbane and now I'm here in Timor, NSW.

It's very up and down, mostly because I've had to adjust to a completely different lifestyle (and I'm suddenly playing 'Mum' to 4 children as an au pair!) but I think I'm happy!!! (Lol.)

I thought I ought to get back on the DFW bandwagon though. It's hard - mostly thanks to the exchange rate, and with four children that I've fallen in love with it's hard to ignore the urge to BUY THEM THINGS, but I'm determined.

All I really wanted to do right now, was update this blog, remind myself of what I want! (To be debt-free!!) and most importantly to bestow upon some wonderful people a few FOY codes from G!fthulk if anyone uses it?!?!

1imzw65ka

yhlyyroov

xqsn885sy

Obviously, I'm still using GH. As well as GeoLotto, and FPL. Here's hoping.

~Ollie.
  • Olliegami
    Another morning in Australia!

It's hard to be focused on money saving out here, but it should be pretty easy. I'm about 30km from the nearest shop, and without a licence it's not like I'm driving anywhere any time soon!!

So I guess it's just seeing how much money I can generate.

I think for now I'm just going to post a daily tally of totals, and see about some other (non-bandwidth consuming) ways to earn a few pennies online.

GL: £2.90
    GH: 625 HC (No FOY codes today.)
    OnePoll: £17.70
    Cl!xSense: £1.82

I have a few referral links if anyone wants to use them to sign up to any of the sites I use daily. =D

G!ftHulk: https://www.gifthulk.com/invite/GA130804
    0nepoll: (PM me for an e-mail)
    Cl!xsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?6415202
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well done for having the courage to follow your instincts and go travelling with your redundancy money. You only live once, and are only young once :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure