Stop Smoking 2014 Diary

Comments

• Well done you
    yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift thats why its called the present ;)
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How are you getting on June.elizabeth?
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • Doing good over 7 months now ciggy free. Had 3 holidays, Ireland, Italy and Spain. Italy was the hardest everyone and his dog smoked but I was good.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift thats why its called the present ;)
  • laurag89
    I notice that too on holidays, even here in England that it seems like everyone is smoking. It's me being more aware of it I think because I don't smoke anymore!

Well done 7 months is brilliant!
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Excuse me fro jumping in here.
    I had a heart attack in early April and have to say its a sure fire Stopping Smoking Reason.

I started with patches and five weeks down the line I realised I had forgotten to put the patch on my body, I realised I didn't feel any different from the day before when I did have it on so didn't bother. I soon found I really didn't need it.

Its brilliant, no having a last gasp before you get on the bus, no having to go out of hotel rooms to the cold outside, for a quick puff or two,

And best of all, Me and my other half don't stink.......

I am so pround of us both.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • laurag89
    Congratulations McKeff!! It's brilliant that you don't even need any use of patches anymore!

I have to agree I really do not miss standing out in the cold or even rain to have a puff! I really don't miss trying to fit in as any as possible during my lunch break as I know I can't have any during work hours!

Also don't miss the £200 a month it was costing me!

• shinner
    shinner Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well getting there slowly I was naughty on Saturday and bought 10 to go to the wedding but I decided was better to do this than buy 20 which is what I would of done. I am really struggling with the extra weight I am putting on my willpower with food is rubbish. I think I am going to buy some extra carrots and chew on them instead.
    sealed pot challenge 099
    2013 £365 in total
    2014 ???? Target £400
    debt 1 [STRIKE]6753[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]6386[/STRIKE] 0000 debt 2 [STRIKE]4973[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]4731[/STRIKE] 0000 debt 3 [STRIKE]3673[/STRIKE] 0000 debt 4 [STRIKE]2400[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]2239[/STRIKE] 0000
    OH debt [STRIKE]3800[/STRIKE]2780
    Bank of Mum [STRIKE]£2750[/STRIKE] 2000
  • For anyone thinking of giving up for Stoptober, how about joining our Stoptober 2014 Forum Challenge
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • love_lifer
    love_lifer Posts: 743 Forumite
    hello all

I'm about to start on champix after smoking for 38 years. I've given up countless times, and stopped for a few years at a time but not for a while.

im 50 this year so reckon really I need to get a grip and get rid.

I smoke 4-5 a day so financially its not crippling, its the health stuff that's motivating me. though saving £10 a week is always good.

anyone else tried champix?
  • I am not sure if anyone has mentioned Allen Carr in this thread but his book "Easyway to stop smoking" did it for me.

After reading the book in December 2014 I no longer had any desire to smoke and have not smoked since. Not craved a cigarette at all. His method really is the only way to stop.

You can pick up a copy for less than a pack or there is also a DVD version of his method for those who really do not like reading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure