Car Breakdown Discussion

Options

Comments

• carpy_uk
    Options
    The AA have a £50 amazon voucher offer. Topcashback are offering £46.20 back. Can you combine the two? Will yo ustill get the voucher if yo ugo through topcashback?
  • grahamgoo
    Options
    carpy_uk wrote: »
    The AA have a £50 amazon voucher offer. Topcashback are offering £46.20 back. Can you combine the two? Will yo ustill get the voucher if yo ugo through topcashback?

No.

** The £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate is only available to new customers purchasing At Home cover in addition to roadside assistance or above and paying using an annual payment method. We'll email you instructions on how to claim it after 45 days from purchase. You must claim your gift certificate by midnight on 5 March 2014. Only one gift certificate will be allocated per policy. There is no cash alternative to the gift certificate (or any part of it). Offer not available to customers arriving from cashback websites including Quidco, Top Cashback, Asperity and Greasy Palm. The AA reserves the right to withdraw or alter this promotion without prior notice at any time.
  • tomloaf
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you have read bad things about autoaid please post about them as MSE does push them in their guide, and generally they and their service appear well recommended.

From the MSE guide regarding autoaid:

So i have just sacked RAC off as they were getting just way too expensive and now gone with Auto Aid. I hope it isnt a mistake and ti goes ok.
  • emmabarth
    Options
    Hi I just wanted to leave a review on Autoaid as I am about to renew with them for my second year after gettign the details from this site. I joined skeptically last year as it seemed too cheap and I wasnt sure what the service would be like if I had a breakdown. Well unfortunately I did have one last month. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere, called Autoaid and they sent a recovery truck. It did take a little while longer than they said for them to arrive but not stupidly so. I paid the company and sent off my claim to Autoaid. Within about 7 days I had my cheque. I was really impressed, it was no hassle at all so I do recommend this company. A great recommendation from Moneysavingexpert :money:
  • aggypanthus
    Options
    My renewal states ".. your membership entitles you to 5 callouts over 2 years, as you have had 5 callouts over 2 years,your cost has been increased to reflect this extra service charge.

therefore- they say I can have 5 callouts
    They say I have HAD 3 callouts
    This does not EXCEED the 5 limit
    So why are they chargeing me extra?

The adviser said she could discount from £190 to £130, but NO less, as " they have kept the Premium user Add on . "

Do they make the rules then interpret them as they like to suit them?
  • Misteron
    Options
    Because of the enormous cost to me of the AA this year, £405 whereas they'd have charged a new customer only £207 for the same thing. I complained to their Chief Executive, someone called Andrew Strong- andrew.strong@theaa.com

I was heartened when he replied but all he did was get another employee to send me a boilerplate letter telling me what fantastic value I was getting. So much for customer retention. But the outrageous charges aside, what really struck me when I read their Ts & Cs etc. is that "Breakdown Cover" isn't insurance. They make it look like insurance, they have "policies" they call it "cover", the company that sells it is AA Insurance Services Limited but it isn't insurance.

The big difference this makes is that you can't cancel halfway through a year and get some of your money back. I wanted to do that because I was being ripped off but other people here might want to do it because they're moving abroad or they're unwell or their financial situation changes. If you're thinking of buying a breakdown product it's worth looking at this aspect as part of your research.

Needless to say I won't be "renewing" (another attempt to make it look like insurance) with the AA next year.
  • lorweb
    Options
    Have you tried Lifesure find it via google

UK Only Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £38.50
    UK & European Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £65.00

I and my son have used them for years. I haven't had a breakdown but my son has several times and they arrived in a reasonable time and did a good job. I shall carry on using them. I highly recommend them...
  • padthecomper
    Options
    Having read positive reviews about Auto Aid I decided to sign up. My experience and remember thats all one can really judge it by is that I made a huge mistake.

This evening I submitted a formal complaint having tried 4x times to get a response as to progress regarding my claim

When I attempted to ring constant all our operators are busy messages. Tried the Quality/Complaints Department and they don't answer either.

Ironic that on night of breakdown the initial call was answered quickly although left on a freezing night for over two hours.

A company that seems not to respond to customers is not to be recommended.

I for one will be heading elsewhere at renewal time!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Could you expand on the experience?

You have the advantage over most of us as we haven't experienced bad service, nor have we experienced good service either as we haven't needed them.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anyone had recent experience with Rescue My Car.
    https://www.rescuemycar.com/Quote-Engine/Bd/?gclid=CNuUnoGK6rsCFW3JtAoddGQA8w
    :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts