Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• originator
    Options
    What was your switch date Phil? I sent £1000 over with my old bank but then got told that won't work so sent another grand a few days later.
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • PhilStation
    PhilStation Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2018 at 12:08PM
    Options
    originator wrote: »
    What was your switch date Phil? I sent £1000 over with my old bank but then got told that won't work so sent another grand a few days later.

Switch date was the 6th Nov (I thought it was the 4th but just checked) so I am in fact on day 63 today I believe.

First £1k went in on the 28th Nov, second on the 28th Dec. Both returned to the originating account the following day.

First DD paid out on 15th Nov, the second on the 16th. Both are still active as of today (and paid out in December as well)
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I called to check that I had ticked all the boxes. They said I had and that I would be paid some time before the end of the month.

I’m nervous because I think they might get me on a technicality. I had no direct debits to transfer so I set up two by hand. But I set these up before my switch was complete. Depending how you interpret the rules (and I’ve seen different versions) that might not actually count.
  • PhilStation
    Options
    pmatt wrote: »
    I called to check that I had ticked all the boxes. They said I had and that I would be paid some time before the end of the month.

I’m nervous because I think they might get me on a technicality. I had no direct debits to transfer so I set up two by hand. But I set these up before my switch was complete. Depending how you interpret the rules (and I’ve seen different versions) that might not actually count.

I'm nervous too, the suspense is killing me. I know I could call but I hate doing that, makes me feel like I've been doing something wrong because I know I'm only doing it for the money...
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Switch date was the 6th Nov (I thought it was the 4th but just checked) so I am in fact on day 63 today I believe.

First £1k went in on the 28th Nov, second on the 28th Dec. Both returned to the originating account the following day.

First DD paid out on 15th Nov, the second on the 16th. Both are still active as of today (and paid out in December as well)

My switch was completed on the 6 November. However I have received confirmation that I have met the criteria and will receive the bonus by the 70th day.
  • PhilStation
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    My switch was completed on the 6 November. However I have received confirmation that I have met the criteria and will receive the bonus by the 70th day.

Did you call for the confirmation, or was it an email? (Edited: Sorry, seen your earlier post now)

How does my payments of the £1k amounts compare to your own?
  • SpeedSouth
    SpeedSouth Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just called and said I should get mine by 21st Jan. After the 31 day conversation about crediting the £1,000 she did tell me originally that my 2nd £1,000 was paid in a day too early so glad I read that part as I put in another £1,000 to cover both ways..

Switch was on the 6th Nov.

So the missus account should also be OK so £500 hopefully soon.
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick question - I currently have two BOS current accounts with DD's feeding into a Tesco Bank Account I just have money in each account but interest on them has ended now and am wondering what to do next. My question is would I be able to switch to say First direct with one of them to gain the £125 bonus and set up a regular savings amount? Would I be penalised by First Direct as all as they were was a glorified savings account? What would people recommend to do
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you call for the confirmation, or was it an email? (Edited: Sorry, seen your earlier post now)

How does my payments of the £1k amounts compare to your own?

I paid in the required amount and then used some of the money to pay my bills via the debit card. I think so far I have paid in about £3,000 and any remaining balance happy to leave there until they pay the bonus. I will then continue to use this account for some bill payments.

Also very impressed with their APP
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    tomthered wrote: »
    Quick question - I currently have two BOS current accounts with DD's feeding into a Tesco Bank Account I just have money in each account but interest on them has ended now and am wondering what to do next. My question is would I be able to switch to say First direct with one of them to gain the £125 bonus and set up a regular savings amount? Would I be penalised by First Direct as all as they were was a glorified savings account? What would people recommend to do

You'll get more response if you start a separate thread instead of posting here...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure