Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bobbyhibs
    Options
    hi
    seems a lil quiet on the baord and hope no one minds a bump, a question for everyone

what made you first go to vegas? was there a reason?

For my brother and i, it was what we saw on the tv and thought wow that place looks a fun place to go .Also as a big fan of the 80s tv series the a-team they had an episode which centerd in vegas .
    One day we were going round our shopping centre, my 2 sisters had booked a holiday ( cant remeber where )and well we were passing thomas cook and saw an ad in the window for las vegas and well it was there and then our vegas trip started!!
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    December 2000. I won an auction on the internet. Was bidding on a week AI in Majorca and two weeks room only in Vegas. Would have been happy with either. Won them both. We had 10 days between the two trips.

We hadn't even done a lot of research on Vegas before that, so it was head down studying and googling all about the place in those 10 days. That was the first visit, we enjoyed it, and next week will be our 31st.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well we leave Vegas today to head home.

Can honestly say it will be the first time I will be glad to be home.
    It's not been a very good trip.Wont do a trip report when I get home but

First weekend started good,Main Street Station hotel was fine as usual,and after 2 days heading for The Orleans Hotel,we had more cash than we came with.
    The Orleans has always been my favourite hotel to stay,
    This time,we were asked for money for early check in...never been asked before...then when asking for our usual room above floor 9,so you don't see a brick wall,they asked for extra money per day,as they are now classed as premium rooms...the buffet area has been refurbished,and looks lovely,but for some reason they have lowered the quality of the food.

Got to the Monte Carlo hotel,and I had an offer of 2 free buffets per day of stay.Check in said it was a $60 credit for total stay.Wouldnt change it until I could show proof of offer...last time we stayed there they added on early check in fee,when the lady at check in said there would be no fee....won't be staying at Monte Carlo again.

Also we just checked our Post Office card account last night,and have a charge from Guess shop for $108 which we have not made.Wife bought a t-shirt there for $15..which has been added to our account,but the second transaction of $108 is fraudulent,not even sure how they do that..so that'll be hassle when we get home ringing the post office.

Finally I slipped in the bathroom at the Monte Carlo a few days ago,on the hard tiled flooring,my back is all bruised and as painful as hell,can hardly move.
    Going to be a fun flight back today.

So...at this particular moment in time,I think our love affair with Las Vegas may be over.I have said to my wife I don't want to come back next year.
    Maybe we have done it to death,maybe too many things have gone wrong this trip.
    Think we'll leave it 2-3 years and see how I feel about it then.
    For all those who still love going or those who have never been yet,but are looking forward to going,I hope you enjoy...but for now at least..I'm out.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm sorry Brats. I hope your back is better soon.

We should have been there by now, but the OH is stuck in Spain due to the strike. Should get home tomorrow afternoon. We moved our flight to 19th.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Oh dear, I'm sorry Brats. I hope your back is better soon.

We should have been there by now, but the OH is stuck in Spain due to the strike. Should get home tomorrow afternoon. We moved our flight to 19th.

Thanks pebbles,hope you enjoy your trip when you get there.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi

sorry to hear of a few bad experinces in your recent trip brats, i can easily understand why it may be off putting to go to x place when you have had many a few bad experinces .

hope things work out with your back and getting the post office sorted,
    kind regards
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Lowcostusa

anyone tried them lately, it seems they have rebranded as holidayusa.co.uk but I cant open the website
  • Jon1970
    Jon1970 Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2017 at 7:39PM
    Options
    I booked through LowCostUSA in June for my trip to Vegas in November, they were the most competitive when searching through travelsupermarket.com. Watch out though and go through travelsupermarket rather than directly through to LowCostUSA as they offer different prices and it tends to be cheaper through travelsupermarket.com first. Also their website couldn't cope with two rooms for two people so had to phone them, but they price matched when I said I had got the price through travel supermarket first. This was before the rebranding, might be your browser as I can open their website with no problems by using google chrome.

Liked the option of paying £250 deposit and then paying a bit off it each time I got paid by using their online payment system.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 17 October 2017 at 6:59AM
    Options
    Thanks Jon

I have used lowcostusa before. and their new name/website seems ok this morning

edit

Dont like the new website. I am looking at prices for 2 nights (a fri and sat) and the website will only let me search for 3 nights.

Not too much of a problem for me as I have lots of other options ,was just curious
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    A question please for the MyVegas experts. This is my first reward having played for nearly a year. Anyway I am looking at a hotel reward for my next trip in Dec. I have purchased two nights at Aria and have a redemption code. I have logged into mlife but don't know where to book using the code.

It says in the instructions to click on the code but it is not clickable on myvegas.

Am I correct that you can't use more than one free room reward in 30 days?

Any help thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport