Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So if someone comes on and says something you don't agree with, as a regular poster (clearly with plenty of time on your hands) you automatically label them a 'Spammer'.

Well you were promoting the claims company. One with a rather poor reputation and the fact that claims companies in general are a waste of money. Not the sort of thing a new poster tends to do.
    I really do hate internet forums where this happens. Bullying tactics by regular users to keep any new perspectives silent.

Don't make promotion style posts and you will avoid that problem.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Lingy
    Lingy Posts: 11 Forumite
    -taff wrote: »
    Unfortunately, not true. You have to sign for PPI for a loan, or agree to it online. You have to verbally agree or sig for it for a credit card. If you have a credit card it's listed on your monthly statement.

No one added PPI without your knowledge, you just forgot you agreed to it.

I'm sorry, but if you read my original post you will see that I ALWAYS specifically asked for PPI not to be included on anything I had as I had cover through work that made this unnecessary.

So having specifically asked for this not to be included, how would I 'forget I agreed to it'?

Banks would never do anything as criminal as add something someone has specifically asked not to be included would they?! Don't be so naive.
  • Lingy
    You can complain about this to them - and if necessary to the Legal Ombudsman.

Thanks for taking the time to post a useful response.
  • Lingy
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Well you were promoting the claims company. One with a rather poor reputation and the fact that claims companies in general are a waste of money. Not the sort of thing a new poster tends to do.

Don't make promotion style posts and you will avoid that problem.

What parts of this are promotional?
    • I was happy with the work they had done up to the point they harassed me for payment.
    • In hindsight I would not have used them.

Clearly you don't work in marketing as this is not a very good advert for any company!
  • Lingy
    I don't think the poster concerned has any intention of complaining about his likely employer!

The most unhelpful post in the history of internet forums. Well done.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lingy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but if you read my original post you will see that I ALWAYS specifically asked for PPI not to be included on anything I had as I had cover through work that made this unnecessary.

So having specifically asked for this not to be included, how would I 'forget I agreed to it'?

Banks would never do anything as criminal as add something someone has specifically asked not to be included would they?! Don't be so naive.

You said you didn't want it, you ended up with it, you either didn't read the documentation or agreed to it and forgot. If you didn't want it, why sign a document saying you would have it? If you didn't want it, why did you not complain when you got your first credit card statement or current account statement with it on. Your story clearly doesn't add up and just proves that you agreed to it and forgot.

If you are alleging a criminal activity then I suggest you report the bank to the police

The fact is, nothing they did saved you any legwork, you provided them all the details for them to make the complaint which you could have done directly with the bank and cut out the middleman.

The fact is you paid 36% of your refund for someone to print out a sheet of paper and post it (costing them about 70p) and now you're on here trying to promote this company - when they've ripped you off as much as the banks did! Clearly once bitten twice shy doesn't apply here :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Lingy
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    You said you didn't want it, you ended up with it, you either didn't read the documentation or agreed to it and forgot. If you didn't want it, why sign a document saying you would have it? If you didn't want it, why did you not complain when you got your first credit card statement or current account statement with it on. Your story clearly doesn't add up and just proves that you agreed to it and forgot.

Yeah, because all banks and credit card providers made it really clear on their statements that you were paying for PPI didn't they! A lot of the time this was lumped in with the interest payment and not clear at all. So having asked for it not to be included, what reason would I have for going through these statements with a fine tooth-comb?
    If you are alleging a criminal activity then I suggest you report the bank to the police

So if I go to the police and say that a bank added PPI without my knowledge, what do you think they will say? They would probably tell me that I was miss-sold PPI and to make a complaint.
    The fact is you paid 36% of your refund for someone to print out a sheet of paper and post it (costing them about 70p) and now you're on here trying to promote this company - when they've ripped you off as much as the banks did! Clearly once bitten twice shy doesn't apply here :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can keep saying I wasn't promoting them, but I think it's falling on deaf ears. So I'll just go and pop a piece of paper in an envelope, send it to a bank and expect them to send me some money then? Is the process really that simple?

I'm glad you find the bank's practices so amusing too.

Talk to me about Spamming! Anyone can have 1000's of posts if all they do is just post to back up their fellow serial posters bullying tactics.

Well done to you too on a helpful and constructive post.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yeah, because all banks and credit card providers made it really clear on their statements that you were paying for PPI didn't they! A lot of the time this was lumped in with the interest payment and not clear at all.

Unfortunately, you're believing the rubbish that claims companies spout. PPI was never included in the interest on cards, it was always clear on every statement with an outstanding balance.

For loans, you had to sign, or agree to it via tick box, online [very very few providers had auto tick boxes, and when they did, it was for a short period of time]

If you want to come and tell us all we're wrong and you're right, go ahead.

You've wasted your money twice by agreeing to things you say you didn't want, you obviously know better.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Lingy wrote: »
    I am new to posting on this forum so didn't realise I had received responses.
    So, three months on from first posting, you thought you'd check?
    Okay....
    I'll just go and pop a piece of paper in an envelope, send it to a bank and expect them to send me some money then? Is the process really that simple?
    Yes it really is.
    However, I'd write some detail of how your PPI was mis-sold on that piece of paper.. ;)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah, because all banks and credit card providers made it really clear on their statements that you were paying for PPI didn't they! A lot of the time this was lumped in with the interest payment and not clear at all. So having asked for it not to be included, what reason would I have for going through these statements with a fine tooth-comb?

Sadly you believe the lies of the claims company over even sites like MSE.

PPI was NEVER EVER EVER "included in the interest" of a credit card statement, the whole thing simply wouldn't make any sense because simple maths would show the interest was wrong. Credit card PPI was included as a separate line on every statement. Your old statements would have proved this.

So if I go to the police and say that a bank added PPI without my knowledge, what do you think they will say? They would probably tell me that I was miss-sold PPI and to make a complaint.

You are alleging criminal activity, of course it is for you to prove it, that's how the law works :rotfl:

I can keep saying I wasn't promoting them, but I think it's falling on deaf ears. So I'll just go and pop a piece of paper in an envelope, send it to a bank and expect them to send me some money then? Is the process really that simple?

Yes, hilariously. Claims companies target the people who were miss-sold the insurance because they know they most likely have someone who will believe any nonsense they tell them. It really is as simple as sending off a form - that is ALL the claims companies do, they use the exact same process as customers do.

You are recommending people use the firm, that is promoting them. Everyone on MSE from Martin down will confirm that it's easier, cheaper and better to do it yourself.

I'm glad you find the bank's practices so amusing too.

Talk to me about Spamming! Anyone can have 1000's of posts if all they do is just post to back up their fellow serial posters bullying tactics.

Well done to you too on a helpful and constructive post.

We are here to stop people wasting their money and falling for the lies of the CMCs trying to pretend that claiming PPI is hard or something that you shouldn't attempt yourself.

You have paid 36% of your refund to a company who literally filled in a form based on the info you gave them and posted it off. The only thing they saved you doing was writing it down and posting it yourself.

You were scammed by the bank and were scammed by the CMC

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family