Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Abbafan~~Nearly there :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    bubbs wrote: »
    No was a complete shock, really shook me up tbh:o

Not surprised.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not surprised.
    Take care of you.

Thanks i will , thats why im here:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hi everybody, this will be my Monday's menu plan...

Breakfast. Porridge a/ b raspberries strawberries, blueberries.

Lunch.. mushroom soup.2 Ryvita and butter. 6 syns melon.

Dinner..cheese A ,burger B new potatoes few green beans ,carrots .

Extra f f strawberry yoghurt. 2 crispbreads and butter 5 syns clementine
    11 syns.
  • So yesterday made a huge and I mean huge lot of spag bol whilst it was still hot used some to make lasagne and used tub garlic and herb quark mixed with tub of normal quark as a substitute for cheese sauce and sprinkled 2 HEA of cheese on top. Once cooked divided it up into 6 portions so 1/3 of a HEA per portion so can have rest of cheese the days I eat it with crackers. Spag bol left over was split into 6 portions and the lot was frozen down.

I have had a bad week. It started well I went to Weatherspoons for lunch with my daughter and was really good and ordered shanghai noodles with chicken (think it was 3 syns)

But then the next day mum took me out for lunch again and I ordered steak - it wasn't until it came I realised I had forgotten to swap the chips for Jacket potato :wall: Of course I ate them.

Then yesterday I managed to eat a crunchie and a creme egg over my syns. I could kick myself as I want to lose the weight for our holiday but am at the moment just not in the zone. And that was after popping into Matalan with daughter and trying on some size 14 jeans to find they didn't quite fit but nearly :j - to think I was wearing size 20 last November when I started :mad:

Two things that made my day today - at church a friend remarked wow you can really notice your weight loss and when I got home the girls presented me with a card, flowers and a slimming world lemon drizzle cake - bless them.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    All caught up on the thread. It really does move fast!

Really strange weather here this week. Two days of snow early on in the week and a mini heatwave the last couple of days. Rooted out my summer clothes only to realise that most of them don't fit :( I'm about 2 stone heavier than I was last summer. Refuse to give in and buy bigger clothes. I'll just have to make do until I shift the extra weight.

Food wise, I had a couple of days on plan at the start of the week but then my stomach bug doubled back on me. Have been just eating what I fancy since. Only averaging 700-800 calories a day so just focusing on getting some food in. Ended up with -2.25 lbs this week. Goal for this week is to get back up to around 1200 calories a day and get back on plan.

Congrats to all the losers this week :T and hugs to all those struggling.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello, everyone. I hope this Mothers’ Day brings you all happy memories.

Well done, esmy, Lizzie, gts, tweets, Abbafan, Whiplashy and chocomonsta.

Daughter and son have both been to visit today. I am happy to report that no foodstuffs arrived with them. Both settled on plants – an orchid from daughter and a planted tub from son, so I am very pleased with that – and pictures. Since they hadn’t spoken to each other in advance (I asked), it was surprising how similar their gifts were.

Your chocolate marzipan is safe from me, shala, as is naked marzipan (unless it’s on a Battenberg cake, for some reason).

WI tomorrow – will be scary.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,494
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    bubbs don't forget to wear same clothes if possible for weigh in ;)

I agree with esmy it will be 10% of your start weight .
    Thanks , yes i will try :D

Try to keep as many things as you can the same on WI day. So I do same clothes, same breakfast to try to compare like with like.
    Thankyou, would someone just look over what i posted what i am eating and say if its ok please
    We'd be glad to. It's all too easy to make mistakes and let syns creep in.

Thanks for the loose pie recipe wiz I've never heard of it before. Sounds a bit like a cottage pie but with beef cubes instead of mince.

Thoroughly enjoyed my dinner but wine syns going down too well. Football was boring. :(
  • Cazzaswfc
    Cazzaswfc Posts: 125
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lost 3 pounds

Yeah but grrrrr at the same time...2 weeks of feeling like a failure only to get a bigger drop, why are our bodies so complex???

This week I've been crap with speed, have followed plan in my head, not added up syns etc, whilst I know I've made healthy choices I've had a few binges (hello white bread and butter!)

So, back on plan 100% tommorow, only 2 pounds till my 2 stone milestone! And will look at planning meals again.
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    maman its here :D thankyou
    Im just going to post what i have had today to check its ok , so if someone would look over it i would be very grateful
    HEXA 250ml semi skimmed
    HEXB 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Breakfast/mid morn
    lean grilled bacon , with watercress in bread and cherry toms, tea

Piece cooked chicken from fridge , 1 pear, pepsi max

Dinner(not had yet)
    Roast chicken, cauli, broc, carrots, runnr beans , 1 small ball stuffing 3 syns, gravy 3 syns

bowl of chopped fruit, strawberries, kiwi, pear, satsuma with a muller light yog
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure