Ready to do it all over again ...

Comments

• Really glad that one of us has exchanged - congratulations Tigzem, how long til you move?
    I'm looking at next week too for exchange. i felt so stressed this evening as another week has passed by but I've relaxed a bit now, it feels like I'm nearly there and there are just tiny odds and ends to sort out. When I've bought and sold houses before I haven't had to provide half as much information/recepits that I've had to do this time. Admittedly it's a large sum of money for the buyers to part with (well their parents are paying) but nonethess I do think that first time buyers are very cautious/jumpy these days.
    I'm going to tidy up paperwork tomorrow, I've neglected it for a few weeks and it's in danger of taking over and drowning my desk. I'll be listening to footie on radio and shredding and filing. It was payday today so money shuffling to do tomorrow too but that's quite fun.
    What are your plans?
    Time for a cup of tea I think.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Pleased for you Tigzem.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Blackcats, we're not moving, I'm selling my late dad's house. He owned it for 30 years, I was 12 when we moved there. Going to be sad when I go there for the last time but I need to let it go...

Good luck with your move, hope you and benben exchange next week x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • Tigzem, that must be very bittersweet, so many memories for you. I'm selling mine to make a fresh start - it was where I went through the illness and death of my OH - there are some very happy times and some very sad times in the house. I haven't rushed into it and it feels the right thing to do.
    it will be quite emotional for the 3 "waiting to exchange/exchanged" virtual amigos for various reasons. I suppose that's what happens when we sell homes rather than just a house.

Crikey thats a bit deep for a Saturday morning. I think it's time for another cuppa.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Morning all, really pleased for you Tigz, fingers crossed for you Blackcats for next week :)

Last night I bought two tickets for Reading festival in August - for me and ds. I got the day tickets rather than the whole weekend, purely because ds loves Eminem and he's headlining that day. I've never been to a festival so will be something new for me :D

Last night I was getting a tickly throat and had a rubbish nights sleep as I couldn't swallow properly. I woke up this morning and felt pants, all shivery, glands up etc. I was sick a couple of hours ago and have slept some more and do feel quite a bit better now, we'll see how today goes. I do think it's just stress related as the house is sub-consciously always on my mind and this has been a very stressy week at work. So I think I need a very chilled out weekend. Ds is at Scout camp so isn't back til 2pm tomorrow, I only plan to do some packing and sorting, tidy up and that's now about it :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Hmm, I didn't feel better for long, ended up spending all day yesterday sleeping / shivering / struggling to swallow or being sick :( I literally didn't move off the sofa all day other than to quickly take the dog downstairs in my pj's which took every bit off effort I could find :o

Today I feel a bit better but not right, my throat is still hurting, my glands are still up, I'm not shivering anymore but am a bit achey still. I've managed to have a bath just to try to feel remotely human but I don't know that I'll achieve much else. Oh I did chuck ds school uniform in the wash and hung it up to dry, not sure I'll feel like ironing it later but we'll see.

A good chance I won't go into work tomorrow but I'll feel bad as I will need a day off for moving in a couple of weeks, but then again if I don't shift it properly I won't be any use there anyway.
  • Hope you feel better soon. IF you aren't well enough to go into work, then you shouldn't go in. A day off to move in a few weeks is not a reason to feel like you have to go in when you are clearly feeling very poorly.
    Take care. I
  • benbenandme
    Thanks Blackcats, the tesco shopping has arrived and I could literally only carry two bags to the kitchen then had to get ds to sort the rest, I was absolutely shattered, so I have rung my line manager and I'm not going in tomorrow. To be honest, I may not go tuesday either if I don't feel drastically better tomorrow :o I haven't eaten anything today, am hungry but my throat is so sore, I may go for a yoghurt in a bit but nothing tastes right anyway :o
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Hope you're feeling better soon benben

Any news for you? Badcats?

Gosh badcats your move sounds very bittersweet... I do hope it all goes smoothly for you x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • benbenandme
    Had the day off today, woke up and was sick this morning, then felt a bit better. Managed to get out of bed and potter about for a couple of hours, did some washing etc as it was getting out of control as I hadn't done much over the weekend, then fell asleep about 11 and slept til ds came home from school :o I do feel quite a bit better now though, have just had a bath and now it's just a really annoying tickly cough, the sore throat seems to have gone although I took painkillers about an hour ago so maybe it's just masking it.

Hopefully I'll be back at work tomorrow as long as I get a decent nights sleep tonight. I reckon I've had a weeks worth of sleep in the last three days :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family