Sky's deals

2»

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Sky order confirmed after the third attempt. Verify by Visa was waived but have your password ready anyway.
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Am up and running with this Sky deal since the 27th. All OK so far. Speed faster than with Plusnet though don't suppose that will last. Impressed. Clear billing.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ken68 wrote: »
    Am up and running with this Sky deal since the 27th. All OK so far. Speed faster than with Plusnet though don't suppose that will last. Impressed. Clear billing.
    My PlusNet is slower than Sky was, so I'll be returning when I can.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,959
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 March 2017 at 3:13AM
    We are up and running with sky too. Really pleased so far as being on their basic broadband it is much faster than the TalkTalk large broadband which I actually find quiet odd to be honest. We were paying £18.95 for medium fibre even though TalkTalk offered us a free upgrade for 3 months to their large fibre it was still sluggish and kept freezing. Not had any problems with Sky so far (fingers and toes crossed).

Sky have kept in touch all the way with emails telling us the progress of switch over etc. Not sure about the billing yet as I have found that a little confusing so far. I am sure it will become clearer once I get used to it.

I am a little confused over a payment of £20 for the landline though. Already had a landline which was installed by TalkTalk when we signed up with them because we didn't have a landline previous to that. I have kept the same number as well. Has anyone else been charged a £20 fee for using a landline they already had installed? Thought I would ask on here before I go down the dreaded customer service route to find out.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    No fee here Ed.
    My speed is 10.85 against 7.85 with plusnet.
    Also £60 initial credit shown as opening balance, thought the deal was £50?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,440
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ken68 wrote: »
    Also £60 initial credit shown as opening balance, thought the deal was £50?
    I had the same £60 credit Ken. I actually came here to see if it was typical.

The bills is a little confusing due to the layout and the way things are written, but then BT's bills were awful too. BT's bills are so terrible it actually looks like they are trying to obscure some payment they are taking unlawfully.

I think I have it figured out though. I paid £5 via card when I signed up, which has to be shown on the bill for it to make sense. So there was my initial £5 (card payment - paid but unbilled) + an extra £5 (billed, but not actually paid, only taken from initial credit) making £10 in total. £10 has been added by Sky to the initial credit (boosting it from £50 to £60) in order to make the bill balance. In essence, nobody has lost or gained, it just seems to be a trick to get an awkward offer through their standard billing system.

Hope that makes sense.
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Thanks Istar, lets hope the rest of the service is not so confabulated.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,959
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    They take £5 for ID check, then they charge for router and installation. If you log on you will be able to look at future bills.

The router is free. They send it to you and you plug it in. That's what they did with mine anyway. If you already have a phone line there is no installation costs either.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure