Mortgage Of £22K

I have the above amount and am on variable rate of 3.89 I need to ask what would I pay in total as have 15 years left on the mortgage

another point I had a meeting and re-rate switch and was offer 1.73 for 2 fixed but the amount I will pay is around & 7k more

I need to ask why is there a difference as have 22 k left but will need to pay 29 after 2 years even though have 15 years left on the mortgage

Sorry to trouble you

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have the above amount and am on variable rate of 3.89 I need to ask what would I pay in total as have 15 years left on the mortgage

You can work this out yourself. Assuming interest rates don't change it would by your monthly payment times 15 times 12.
    another point I had a meeting and re-rate switch and was offer 1.73 for 2 fixed but the amount I will pay is around & 7k more

7k more than your current deal or 7k more than 22k?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure