Santander - PPI claim upheld

Comments

• brown1950
    brown1950 Posts: 264 Forumite
    I would also be interested in what the informed posters on this site consider 'Associated Interest'
    in relation to a store/credit card ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The interest that was charged on the part of your balance which was comprised of PPI.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    brown1950 wrote: »
    I would also be interested in what the informed posters on this site consider 'Associated Interest'
    in relation to a store/credit card ?

The same thing the FOS consider it, it's on the link I posted above, but basically if you had ppi charged on one month then it would be subject to interest on the next month as with any purchase that isn't paid off in full. Not really difficult
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    The same thing the FOS consider it, it's on the link I posted above, but basically if you had ppi charged on one month then it would be subject to interest on the next month as with any purchase that isn't paid off in full. Not really difficult

Thanks that makes sense!
  • This is great news congratulations - I too am waiting a decision from Santander based on 2 Debenhams store cards.
  • This is great news congratulations - I too am waiting a decision from Santander based on 2 Debenhams store cards.

I misheard on the phone! :( bad news they say they they do not uphold the decision but have asked for more info re my employment.

Who keeps contracts/p45's etc from over 17 years ago??

Also i was on an apprentice/YTS scheme and sick pay was almost as much as my salary plus i was fully supported by my parents.

Feel like it won't happen now!

Also i was sold the PPI by a store assistant! not by an actual knowledgable person re PPI.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

I do. its so easy to scan a document and keep it on electronic files.

For your complaint to be focusing on these areas, it would suggest there is no evidence of wrongdoing that can be found or that the information you have supplied cannot be verified or differs from information they hold about your company (the latter is common as people often use template letters that state the wrong thing about their work benefits and the banks/firms tend to have information on employer benefits on their files - so when differences occur, they ask for evidence).

You are basically scraping the barrel at this stage when looking at things like this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    I misheard on the phone! :( bad news they say they they do not uphold the decision but have asked for more info re my employment.

Also i was sold the PPI by a store assistant! not by an actual knowledgable person re PPI.

You can request your HMRC/DWP work history (and your NICs' record).

Indeed some employers request this to prove your work history.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    That's not a valid complaint reason. It just means you bought without any advice...
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    I do. its so easy to scan a document and keep it on electronic files.

For your complaint to be focusing on these areas, it would suggest there is no evidence of wrongdoing that can be found or that the information you have supplied cannot be verified or differs from information they hold about your company (the latter is common as people often use template letters that state the wrong thing about their work benefits and the banks/firms tend to have information on employer benefits on their files - so when differences occur, they ask for evidence).

You are basically scraping the barrel at this stage when looking at things like this.

Yeh, at the age of 18 i wasnt thinking ahead unfortunately and have moved house a few times since and i think documents have been misplaced etc.

I have just made a new post to show what their actual response was. Barclaycard was an easier process than Santander
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure