Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 11:56PM
    Regarding the annuals that were £2 RTC at the start of the RTC in M at the end of last year (assuming I found it straight away:rotfl:) - I had the Justin Bieber annual with a "£1 RTC" SEL in a store yesterday. I have now found further copies of the same annual at another store on store specific 25p sticker. (I wasn't looking for them.) So, again, RTC items in general can often be found at cheaper stickered prices on a store-specific basis. It will be a different item, or different range of items, in each store that, from time to time, has such an extra markdown (and not all stores have it at all times). Unfortunately M don't seem to want to mark down further the entirety of what they have on RTC in a single store:rotfl: - although I can imagine why not. If they do, I have yet to find that elusive store. So, I think it will just be whatever you can find marked down in your M. For example, someone at Aylesbury had a range of Toni & Guy products marked down at stickered £1.55 compared to national RTC £2. Be careful - stores can sometimes mark national RTC products up (possibly because the sticker may have been put on before they were reduced fiurther on the national RTC) - if this is the case, the ordinary BC on a product will scan at the national price but the store specific sticker would charge you more. I have had all sorts of items on RTC, only to find later, in one store, one of them marked down further then, later, another totally different item somewhere else at a cheaper store specific stickered price. So, watch out for RTC items in total - as it seems they regularly go onto cheaper still price somewhere (and it may just be a random item per store). One store you'll have a shampoo or two cheaper, another place will have some RTC crisps on cheaper price, another place a ring binder will be knocked down further (on sticker), you get the idea.

I also now have the Guinness World of Records 2016 book on store specific £2.50. As opposed to my "£5 RTC" of yesterday, when I may have called it Guinness Worlds of Records 2017 as that may be what the SEL in the earlier store said (if I've written that, it most probably was as I tend to be very accurate in information I take down - inaccuracies are usually a result of the information given to me being inaccurate, then I accurately take the inaccurate information). Anyway, the book I have on stickered £2.50 is clearly a 2016 edition. I imagine there would not be 2017 just yet:rotfl:. Some other store could have even cheaper prices than what I have found or slightly variant prices on specific sticker - it's up to you whether your store is worth their asking price or not and it is just pot-luck I think what you get.

EDIT: I don't know what the annuals being only the Justin Bieber one left around for me might say or does not. Maybe people don't really like Justin Bieber:rotfl:.
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    Usual not stop, constantly looking at the clock wishing it wish 5 and time to go home, then wishing it was Friday,
    Honestly I wish my life away lol:)
    Oh, didnt know that bubbs. Do you mean if your total is less than the evoucher they refund whatever the amount is? - or have I misunderstood which is more likely.

They paid mine directly back to my bank card.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 11 March 2017 at 12:06AM
    Anon wrote: »
    DM - how have you find British Pie Week?

According to John Bishop on Late Night With ... the top pie in the North is Steak and Potato (we would know it as Meat and Potato :A).

In the South? Bannoffee Pie :eek:

I ask you, I wonder if we are the same country sometimes :D..

Anon

I have lots of pies around in M - they are doing a pie week promotion (and I am merely acting as a mouthpiece here for it by responding to this post:o).

Just when I thought I had everything... I had individual Chunky Steak Pie at 50p from my Ms yesterday. Every store gives me at least one more item:rotfl:. I now have a 2 pack version at £1 that I didn't know about before:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

EDIT: Has someone got a 4 pack version about that I know nothing about?:rotfl:
    [Speaking the next bit in a friendly, 'normal' tone of voice with no surprise.] Have you?:D
    I don't know... I just... no idea!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    DM - how have you find British Pie Week?

According to John Bishop on Late Night With ... the top pie in the North is Steak and Potato (we would know it as Meat and Potato :A).

In the South? Bannoffee Pie :eek:

I ask you, I wonder if we are the same country sometimes :D..

Anon

True southerner me. :D
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 11 March 2017 at 12:29AM
    Speaking of regional variations, I think there are probably some regional cheeses at £5/Kg. that I am missing and probably some 500ml regional beers/ales at £1. However, I don't know about these hypothetical items and there's nothing more I can do. Maybe I should revise my guide prices (that are a little high surely?) so that I exclude all these items:rotfl:. However, I have got what I can find - if I find any more later from somewhere, I will add them after they are found although I suspect I won't have some regions that are far away from me. A-ha!:D Msm has one that I was trying to imply from incomplete information from my stores:rotfl::rotfl: - indeed, Badger Leaping Legend (500ml) is £1 in M. And Rhymney Bitter 500ml at £1. I can find some of them without visiting the right area:rotfl:. Anyone - what of the others I suspect exist which are not online?

I just have this feeling I am missing some and that there are more than what are online - I have some other than what are on there, already on my list, but I suspect there are more. So, despite now visiting 18 stores this week, there are - I know - some items that I am missing.

I just get what I can!:cool: But, this, really, just to make you aware that I do not exclude there being other alcoholic drink bottles somewhere that will not be listed on my list.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    True southerner me. :D
    Do they have pie in France? :D
  • Savvybuyer
    I havent done one for ages, would it work on a delivery?
    Cheers.
    And whom is it against?
    Thanks

It's against Waities.
    Your first question is outside my area of expertise/attentiveness so I can't answer it with any confidence sorry.
  • Savvybuyer wrote: »
    It's against Waities.
    Your first question is outside my area of expertise/attentiveness so I can't answer it with any confidence sorry.
    Thanks, I'll do a C+C.
  • Savvybuyer
    gocat wrote: »
    A vs S

1x Always Discreet Plus M Incontinence Pants (9ct) £7.50 £6.50
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.31 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Heinz Beanz in Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £2.38 £2.00

Always £6 coupon on victoria.co.uk :)

Maybe the Tomato Sauce is too Rich for them? Not comparing against S? Is it comparing against anywhere? TIA.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Do they have pie in France? :D

Don't tell DM but most of them are really tarts. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts