Boots - Estee Lauder deal

2»

Comments

• jazzconfused
    jazzconfused Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    day wear plus tinted moisturiser is fab. very well blends with my skin and very very light u cant hardly tell. whats more, its anti-oxidant. whatever that means. :cool: maybe dearer but will last u long..
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble :whistle:
  • nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    day wear plus tinted moisturiser is fab. very well blends with my skin and very very light u cant hardly tell. whats more, its anti-oxidant. whatever that means. :cool: maybe dearer but will last u long..

That's true - I wear it every day and it lasts me 6 weeks or so.
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • Estee Lauder might be a well established brand but it certainly isn't exclusively for 'grannies' - I'm a 24 year old ex-model and Miss England contestant and I found the Estee Lauder foundation range to be excellent: not too heavy, or orange (as someone has suggested - i have rather pale skin) and great value for money as I never wore it heavily and only for nights out (special occasions).

Definitely worth the £20-25 price tag considering how long it lasts if used conservatively...
  • teabythesea
    teabythesea Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Miss England contestant? Did we need to know that...? Hmmm!
  • bc3000
    bc3000 Posts: 758 Forumite
    I personally think they're rubbish, everyone I know who has tried even the lightest shade of EL has looked orange!!

I've got the lightest shade and it definitely doesn't look orange lol
  • teabythesea
    It might just be me then, I've also tried Chanel's lightest shade and it looks orange on me!
  • eklynne
    eklynne Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    Oops! Sorry if I offended anyone, I wasn't suggesting anything bad at all about Estee Lauder! It's just that my wee granny wore it and my mum who's now a granny wears it! Maybe subconsciously I just associate it with grannies. The ads seem kind of geared towards ladies of a certain age too. I certainly don't buy cheap foundation, it's not the price that puts me off, I wear Benefit (or Clinique when I'm particularly flush) as I feel they are more geared towards younger skin. I feel brands like Estee Lauder are maybe aimed at the older market as they tend to be quite heavy - ie provide more coverage for ageing skin? I think young skin can look kind of clogged with these heavy foundations. Hmmm, yes it is strange how opinions on things are formed isn't it?
    Maybe I should pop into Boots and have a look...........oh damn, I can't. Doing this no toiletries challenge........ :rolleyes:
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • If you can wait until 4th Feb House of Fraser are having a gift time.
    Normally quite a good deal.

Btw I use double wear light. Still stays on but doesn't feel like a mask.

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/in_store_events/gift_time.tmpl
  • I personally think they're rubbish, everyone I know who has tried even the lightest shade of EL has looked orange!!

My daugter is paler then pale and she manages to find a nice really light shade
    travelover
  • teabythesea
    She may do, but i'm severly anaemic (sp?) so I do actually have to colour my face, i'm white as a sheet!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure