Using Sky Plus Box without subscribing?

Comments

• fluffymel
    fluffymel Posts: 5 Forumite
    :( thanks anyway
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    No worry, if I had the code for black box Sky+ HD box, I will PM you straight away. It took a while to get the right code to get it work with the black box, really hate SKY to be honest! That's why Sky get rid of all white boxes now to replaced with black boxes.
  • fluffymel
    fluffymel Posts: 5 Forumite
    Aww thanks, about right for Sky, my partner used to work for them selling on the doors tha'ts the only reason why we had sky cause it was free. But he left and we wasnt going to pay their prices! guttered today as just brought an freesat+ box and it will only record the channel we're watching? we've even got the same cables in the back of the box that was in the sky+ box, doing my nut in it is :O(
  • Shoog
    Shoog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Your PMs are disabled flight747.

I have a Pace 3100 Sky+ box. Any good?
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2011 at 10:21PM
    That's because there is no code for Sky+ available I'm afraid to say. I am happy to be proven wrong if flight747 pm's me a code I can try on my Pace PVR3 TDNS470 white Sky+ box but I know I won't be getting a PM with a code.

There are ways to use an ex Sky subscriber card as I mentioned before but there are no secret codes to enter. There is an engineering setup menu for the installation and initital setup of the box (services, 4,0,1,select) but curiously enough Sky don't provide such obvious secret menus to allow users to record and play without paying a subscription....what else? an option to unlock all channels for free?!?!

:laugh:

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    me thinks we have an attention seeker xxx

:p
  • oafcmetty
    oafcmetty Posts: 21 Forumite
    I have a sky+ box with Remote Record etc.

We're going to my dad's villa in spain in a couple of months, and he suggested taking our sky card out with us so we could get our sky channels in spain too.

However, would this affect remote recording of stuff we have series linked on our 'home' box?

Thanks!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    no good , sky cards now "twin" with the box so will only work in you Sky box at home
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Shoog
    Shoog Posts: 99 Forumite
    oafcmetty wrote: »
    However, would this affect remote recording of stuff we have series linked on our 'home' box?

If you take your card out of your box, it won't record.

If you put your card in someone else's box (without phoning sky to pair the card) you'll only be able to watch free channels and non-premium subscription channels (like Sky One). You won't be able to watch sports or movies.

You'd really have to take your box and card on holiday.
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Hmm still waiting for flight747's PM

:D

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income