Headboard bolts help required please !!

Hi There

I bought a new headboard for my bed recently . It came with bolts to fix the fixing legs to headboard but none to fix to bed . This is standard . No problem thought I , just go to local DIY store and get a couple of bols . Easy . No its not !! I've bought every different size - M6 / M8 - either to big or small . I have tried B&Q , Boyes etc . Anyway , in desperation , I asked a assistant at a bed centre .Apparently she said I would be looking "for weeks" if I did it this way - I need to find manufacturer of mattress and contact them as the size is unique to that . Tried that but couldn't find on internet
Basically the headboard has been propped against my wall for 3 weeks - a shining temple to my own failure to get the simplest job done . Please advise !!!! The headboard was bought new on ebay but the seller couldn't help

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You sure it's standard - the ones which fit the headboard to the bed normally come with big plaggy or metal washers. Haven't bought one recently but can't remember any previous beds coming without all the bits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure