Flashing lights Indesit washer/dryer help please

Hi there,
When we first bought our washer/dryer the shop installed it at a price so I know it was done properly. Well the first time we went to use it the on/off light kept flashing and 2 other lights and it would not go on. Called the shop and they sent an electrician out, he spent about 5 minutes and mumbled something about there being nothing wrong with it but would fix the flashing lights. So I know this happened before and it took someone who knows what to do 5 minutes.
Well tried to put the washer on yesterday nothing, nada no lights or anything else. Then remember that OH had put a lot of dishes in the cupboard where the plug for the washing machine is housed. Went back under there and replugged the washing machine in and flicked the switch form off to on. Lights now so I assume that the dishes had knocked the switch off. Now the lights are flashing as before. On off switch flashing and 2 other lighs flashing and washing machine won't work. Anyone got any suggestions as we really don't have the money to pay for repairs and calling out an electrician for a simple matter. Any electricians out there or others that have had similar problems and solved them please help. Thanks in advance Taffy

Comments

• Hello I had the same problem a few months back and the electrician said it was something to do with programming the washing machine.
    Sorry I can not help as my machine was under warranty.

When we first bought our washer/dryer the shop installed it at a price so I know it was done properly. Well the first time we went to use it the on/off light kept flashing and 2 other lights and it would not go on. Called the shop and they sent an electrician out, he spent about 5 minutes and mumbled something about there being nothing wrong with it but would fix the flashing lights. So I know this happened before and it took someone who knows what to do 5 minutes.
    Well tried to put the washer on yesterday nothing, nada no lights or anything else. Then remember that OH had put a lot of dishes in the cupboard where the plug for the washing machine is housed. Went back under there and replugged the washing machine in and flicked the switch form off to on. Lights now so I assume that the dishes had knocked the switch off. Now the lights are flashing as before. On off switch flashing and 2 other lighs flashing and washing machine won't work. Anyone got any suggestions as we really don't have the money to pay for repairs and calling out an electrician for a simple matter. Any electricians out there or others that have had similar problems and solved them please help. Thanks in advance Taffy[/quote]
  • Did it take long to fix please? Think I will have to get the electrician out. Anyone have any ideas or how much it is going to cost to call out an electrician? Really dont need this extra expense with xmas coming.
  • Hi I have an indesit WIL133 washer,strangely enough mine played up yesterday as well. Have you cleaned the filter? This seemed to be the problem with mine. I had the flashing lights too. My machine is about 30 months old, but it first happened after about 11months, the engineer that came out (same flashing lights) said it was because we dont have much of a drop in the waste flow, as it has to empty from machine to drain about 20ft away! So check your pipes first and the filter.

I hope this helps.
  • If you post the model number here, some MSEers have great Google skills and might be able to find some specific information online.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • thanks bus I thought I had knocked it off then as I cleaned the filter and out came 2 x 50 pence pieces. So cleaned it and the container where the softener is and then replugged it back in and damn lights still flashing. Thanks for your help anyway. The washing machine is solid under the counter and I do not think I could pull it out to check the pipes. Thank you so much for trying to help. Taffy
  • Taffyscot wrote: »
    thanks bus I thought I had knocked it off then as I cleaned the filter and out came 2 x 50 pence pieces. So cleaned it and the container where the softener is and then replugged it back in and damn lights still flashing. Thanks for your help anyway. The washing machine is solid under the counter and I do not think I could pull it out to check the pipes. Thank you so much for trying to help. Taffy

Result, eh? :j :T

Thanks to busiscoming2 I guess :confused: :beer:
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • If you post the model number here, some MSEers have great Google skills and might be able to find some specific information online.
    Thanks for that debt-free just reading it now. Model no widli 1265 I think. Or w1dl1 1265. I have tried googling and wow I am famous what came up on googling was my original post on here lol
    Come on you MSE with great google skills I challenge you to find an answer for me. quick before the plumber comes out on Thursday. Oh well at least I now have 2 x 50 pence to pay him from the machine better than having a slot machine at home. Taffy
  • ask on here http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=34&topicdays=0&start=100
    the flashing lights may correspond with an error code.
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • thanks spanky will try it I have done some googling myself but had no huge luck. will try it now. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • kbh4031
    kbh4031 Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    my old washer was an indesit and this happened once, i rang an engineer and he told me to reset the programmer. I have no idea if it would work on yours, try googling your machine model along with reset....worth a try:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure