GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you are coming to the end of a fix, then the savings that can be achieved will be inflated under OFGEM rules. In the context of purchasing energy, monthly DD payments are nothing more than payments made on account. You need to compare costs using kWHs/year not £s.

I am very happy with GBEnergy. I was aware when I signed up that they would take the first payment 3 weeks after my application to switch. This upfront payment allows them to offer me cheap electricity and provides them with cash flow relief and protection against bad debt. The bottom line is that when I come to leave, all payments made will be used to offset the cost of the electricity consumed.
  • Does anyone know how long before you should get the welcome pack after signing up. Signed up over the phone as issues with my new estate address? That was a week ago.... and I don't have a login to the website...
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Took me ages to get one, had to keep phoning and reminding them.
    Web site still doesn't quite work properly for me - can't see/edit my profile at all.
    At least I can input meter readings and view bills.
  • Interesting, so rang and the guy was very helpful, but apparently my account wasn't setup, it never went through! bizarre! so all my details have been sent again and I'm awaiting a welcome pack!
  • Account details through and looking far healthier! Blamed a computer glitch but seems to have gone through now!
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mrreadie wrote: »
    Please do not switch!

Do not be lured in be the low prices, they are not worth the stress, errors and poor service.

GB Energy gave my previous supplier a made up meter reading double what it actually was, this left me almost £800 overdrawn when my final direct debit was withdrawn. Repeated complaints via telephone and later their website and twitter they have still not resolved the matter, let alone returned my calls.

Why would GB give your previous supplier a reading?

Your previous supplier should give your last meter reading to GB.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,574 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sniggings wrote: »
    Why would GB give your previous supplier a reading?

Your previous supplier should give your last meter reading to GB.
    That's not how it works. The new supplier should handle the transfer entirely, providing the "losing" supplier with your opening read to ensure an accurate handover. That's the theory anyway!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• System
    victor2 wrote: »
    That's not how it works. The new supplier should handle the transfer entirely, providing the "losing" supplier with your opening read to ensure an accurate handover. That's the theory anyway!

Another important point that is misunderstood about switching is that all meter readings provided by the customer on switch go to an independent third-party for review against historical usage data. This is why some Final Bills show an 'E' against the closing reading. Why? It is not unknown for customers to mis-read their meter , and some will lie if they can see some financial advantage in doing so.
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In all fairness, the meter reading adjustment left the poster £800 overdrawn. they have every right to query how such a difference could have arisen. Rather than the customer concocting a reading it seems a huge error according to the details given.

I have noticed recently different figures being used on my recent switches which was something that in many years before didn't occur.
  • System
    backfoot wrote: »
    In all fairness, the meter reading adjustment left the poster £800 overdrawn. they have every right to query how such a difference could have arisen. Rather than the customer concocting a reading it seems a huge error according to the details given.

I have noticed recently different figures being used on my recent switches which was something that in many years before didn't occur.

There are agreed limits in respect of the readings provided by the consumer and the third-party. Outwith these limits (for example, 125CM3s for gas), an industry dispute can be raised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure